Challenge #1034 "Puppets" (14/04/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1034 for Friday 14th of April 2023 is:

Puppets

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 17, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Lord Polygon

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Puppet Thriller

Non-competing (Open)

Cycles, 32 samples, denoise, all new geometry, Open for Mixamo animation

Let’s get the party started!

8 Likes

I’ll make room in my schedule.

1 Like

pure,
inspired by Twitch emotes. I drew the two emotes and the pencil sketch on my phone using Sketchbook. 70 samples.

4 Likes

Finished…Mr. Punchinello. ( of Punch and Judy ) Substance Painter used.

6 Likes

The Page Turner Family

Pure entry blender 3.5 cycles

6 Likes

A Paper Puppet

Pure (HDR from Polyhaven)

7 Likes

Looks good! Hands can be such a pain… I usually try to find a way to get around modeling them at all. :wink:

1 Like

Söck ‘n’ Roll!

non competing, Cycles, Blender 3.5.0

10 Likes

puppet2

Marionette - pure

I built a working puppet using a cloth sim! It’s all one mesh, with internal springs to keep the sold bits roughly the right shape (though there’s a bit of distortion). I use shape keys moving the top of the strings to lower the knees as she stands up and to move the arms forward.

14 Likes

That is really cool. Even though it’s a simple mesh, it’s probably one of the best entries I’ve ever seen on the weekend challenges, purely for the creativity and originality!

1 Like

Nice entries. very interesting…
Here’s my non-compete entry, Disrespect

Pure, cycles

I got hung up because I constructed the hand out of basic ovoids etc. - but when I went into sculpt to tidy it up, it made a messy connection between the fingers that were close but not touching…

4 Likes

No time to enter. Only idea was my entry in Challenge 958 Isolated renamed Broken Strings. (not an entry)

2 Likes

Kerm and Jimit

Pure, Cycles, Blender 3.5.0

Didn’t quite have time to add fuzz.

Models based on existing designs are ok, right?

6 Likes

Existing designs are perfectly fine as long as the models are new. If the entry reuses old models for important parts of the image it should be an open entry. (Nothing wrong with that either.) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha
Thanks, Helge

1 Like

Come on, puppet masters, let’s pull some strings!
Voting this way =>

2 Likes