Challenge #1043 "Ember" (16/06/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1043 for Friday 16th of June 2023 is:

Ember

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 19, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Getting Hotter

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fire Bloom

Pure entry, blender 3.5 cycles. A tie in with last week’s theme.

4 Likes

‘Waybound’

Open- Hand is a downloaded mesh that I posed and sculpted extra details onto.
This is my rushed entry based on the Cradle series by Will Wight. Hands are Hard.

4 Likes

Island Apocalypse

Pure. Cycles.

5 Likes

[quote=“Helge, post:1, topic:1469014, full:true”]
Theme #1043 for Friday 16th of June 2023 is:
Pure
Ember
Super hot

7 Likes

Hello ! Pure entry (I read use of textures are fine ?)
All modeled in Blender, textures from BlenderKit, rendered with Cycles.

“Fireplace”

Blender viewport :

EDIT : some tweaks

8 Likes

Nuclear Ember

Pure, Cycles, Blender 3.5

Heavily influenced by this reference image: 09836-cover-opener.jpg (2000×1367) (acs.org)

4 Likes

Don’t worry, it is. :slight_smile:

Firestarter

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.5.1

10 Likes

Great surface details, Helge! Was the heart’s surface achieved with a combination of sculpting and displacement (modifier or shader)?

1 Like

Inside out

Non-competing (pure)
Inspired by a tree that burns from the inside out.

5 Likes

Thanks Broccolium!
I had no time for sculpting. :wink: So this is all Displacement Modifiers and a little bump.

1.) Displacement: Musgrave (Voronoi Crackle)
[2.) Remesh]
3.) Displacement: Voronoi (Distance Squared / Intensity)
4.) Material Bump: Musgrave (3D/fBM)

gif

6 Likes

grafik

The main feature is ready. It turned out better than I thought. I think. The heavy displacement hides some of the imperfections of the model.

Now if I only had a context to put it in :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, interesting technique. You are using remesh as a sort of smoothing modifier that also prevents the specific arrangement of the displaced base geometry from affecting subsequent modifiers in an unwanted way, hadn’t thought of using it in that way.

I was thinking the low frequency pits and troughs were done with a quick once over with the draw brush, then add some displacement for texture.

1 Like

Nice sculpting :slightly_smiling_face:
The immediate association I get is with B horror movie effects – in a good way.

1 Like

Indeed, it keeps everything easily editable. I like the flexibility of this, however depending on the models size and amount of details this can start to slow down everything quite a bit. :wink: (And I lose all vertex map data after the remesh modifier, which is a pity - but didn’t matter in this case.)

1 Like

Fire golem

pure

old version

“Ups, I may have accidently put your village on fire. :sweat_smile:

With the particles and a smoke simulation it takes rather long to render… I already went to half the resolution. May be I will add some flame or smoke effect to Peylarg (that’s his name) later. And the body is a little bit rushed. But for now I’m happy.

5 Likes

Cozy Fireplace

OPEN. I did all of the modeling, but the textures are from Blenderkit. I actually made little raindrops to stick to the windows, but I couldn’t figure out how to get them to show up.

8 Likes

Nuclear Ember

Pure, Cycles, Blender 3.5

New version :radioactive:

5 Likes