Challenge #1048 "Insanity" (21/07/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1048 for Friday 21th of July 2023 is:

Insanity

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 24, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Slightly Mad

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Insane”, non-competing :frowning:, sculpted in Zbrush, textures from BlenderKit, people are from a library.

8 Likes

Disintegrate

Pure
I used like 3 samples and a lot of motion blur so that you can’t tell that most of the buildings are just boxes lol. No detail, only noise. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

“They-Hulk”

Open. Very open. Didn’t have much time this week, so that’s it. A lot of old/still being used assets with a borrowed Hulk mesh which was given a bit of sculpting.

7 Likes

“The mushroom stew tasted kinda funny, btw”

Pure

Again, playing with some NPR materials and a little bit of grease pencil.

11 Likes

Pure

https://www.rubyhex.com/imgoingmad.png ← full image

based on a drawing i did 25 or so years ago:

9 Likes

Flavours of the Brain

Pure, Blender 3.6, Cycles (+ Compositor)

6 Likes

Is there such a thing as too loud, probably not if blood pouring from the ears isn’t a problem, but it might be insanity to find out.

The character is from Mixamo and the guitar is an old model, all the rest is new. I will say it’s an open entry.

5 Likes

that third one reminds me of broccoli … hmmmmmmmm… >grins<

1 Like

Obsession

Recreation of a panel from The Killing Joke

Open - the Joker’s face was sculpted on the stylized head from Blender’s Human Base Meshes, everything else is my own work.

(edit - added background, improved ligthing, some more screens, and a big area light matching the main screen to give Batman a nice yellow-green highlight on his head)

9 Likes

I hear the DSM-6 will define third degree insanity as “severe and complete broccolification of the mind, leading to possible atrophy and death.”

Dire stuff :sweat:

2 Likes

Inside the Box

Open entry, made in blender 3.6 cycles. Despite being open and rather generic, this took me a very long time to create. I think I failed to emulate the chaos that sometimes occurs at my place of work :wink:

7 Likes

No time to make an entry. Idea: Shadow Stories. A scene where the shadows of everything aren’t normal and represent the nature of some madness. For example, paranoid or anxiety shadows would be menacing with faces and claws. Other possibilities like correct shadows but on the wrong objects (table has chair shadow, lamp has dog shadow), grayscale world with colorful shadows (that could work just for art), etc.

3 Likes

My entry… Try Again

Pure, Cycles

5 Likes

High Speed

Pure. Did a minor oilify in Gimp to better match the image/painting I was referencing.

5 Likes

Voting open: :slight_smile:

I was trying to think of something based in the same theme. The definition of insanity…