Challenge #1049 "My new Spectacles, they are kind of weird …" (28/07/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1049 for Friday 28th of July 2023 is:

My new Spectacles, they are kind of weird …

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 31, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Look Out

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone recognize this movie?

(Not an entry :wink: )

3 Likes

a dozen hairy pre-men, right? >grins<

(the city of lost children was the first that popped in mind, but the cinemetography doesn’t line up)

This isn’t the challenge ? Isn’t it ??

This is…

N.C. in N.T.

Nicolas Cage in National Treasure

3 Likes

Light Amplification Device

Pure

7 Likes

I have an idea but it is still too hot here to render. GPU thermal shutdown. Maybe try with eevee or render some morning when it is cooler.

Are you in southern Cali? I heard it was 105 today.

105 here, but i’m a couple states over from Cali. up by San Ramon, Cali (we have family there) it was a mere 79 … i’m considering disowning them unless they send us some of the cold. rofl

2 Likes

It’s been cold and rainy here in the PNW.

THEY LIVE

Unfinished, Pure, Non-competing, Blender 3.6, Cycles

THEY LIVE CLIP

https://youtu.be/g4XiKChyK7A

4 Likes

don’t make me disown you too! rofl. our last more than a trace rainfall was in May, when we got 1/4" of rain. the monsoons have skipped us this year.

on topic: this theme has entirely too many ideas going through my head … lol. not sure which i’ll pick to do yet.

1 Like

Hey Modron,

Any chance you could send that east to the Ohio Valley area? I’d love a couple of rainy days right now…

I might be in this week…

My old spectacles are a bit outdated:

(non_competing)

Maybe I need some new ones…

Randy

6 Likes

If only I could. My dwelling is like a root cellar.

Not California but US southwest desert. I’m well acclimated and I like the heat. Scored 116F on my annual hottest day dunes hike. My small AC is usually fine but this prolonged heat wave makes it hot at night instead of desert cool. So there is little or no time that is GPU friendly.

Doh! Broccolium did my idea.

2 Likes

Damn. Sorry about that, Splododyne. It’s the first decent idea that popped into my head when I saw the theme.

We can both make our own take on the same idea, though.

2 Likes

“That M*********er is Not Real!”

Open: The lizard man head was decapitated from a downloaded model. I made the rest, but going with “open” because the lizard head is the main feature.

Just in case some of you don’t get the title…

9 Likes

I’ve gone for the same theme!

3 Likes

No problem. Backup idea: peril sensitive sunglasses of Hitchhiker’s guide.

1 Like

Title: Life and death

Open

Resources/credits:

5 Likes