Challenge #1061 "I Robot" (20/10/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1061 for Friday 20th of October 2023 is:

I Robot

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 23, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: I Like In Robot

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“No Strings”

Pure.
Crowd silhouette was downloaded, but everything else was modeled over the last couple of days. Thank you @Victor2 for the theme, because I’ve never properly modeled a robot before, and this gave me a good opportunity to try it.
Inspired by MegaMan and that weird emoting robot Ameca.

ameca

11 Likes

Kind of looks like mega-man.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: My original design (in my head) was translucent white for the shell and still grey for the face - though at the time I didn’t know why. As I was building the robot body, I was adding fins and seemingly random circles on the head. I didn’t like the white colour so cycled through a few different colours, ending on blue. Only once I’d finished, I realised that I must have been drawing on 30+ year-old memories of when I last played MegaMan and the grey skin came from that robot, Ameca.

3 Likes

Bender 3D

Pure entry, blender 3.6 cycles. I was going to add some smoke and falling ashes but I fear that would take too much time, and remove from the quality instead of add. Might get some social media clout, due to the recognizability of the character.

I noticed the CGboost challenges have become focused on animation projects, and they are pretty fussy about the quality of the submissions. They recently started a robotic wildlife challenge. Almost seems similar to this one :wink: If the challenge was an image, I would have jumped on it, alas I feel like I’m currently too busy to animate anything…

8 Likes

Ei-Robot
Pure, cycles, rendertime some seconds, all made in blender, the joke is only working in german, “i” pronuncing in german means egg, in german “Ei” :slight_smile:

i-robot1.blend (481.9 KB)

10 Likes

“Eye, Eye”
non-competing

9 Likes

Idea: Make an android look Texan and imply he is saying “I” with the unique Texas pronunciation. No time to make an entry but mostly how to visually represent that particular accent?

1 Like

New colour scheme!:

Here’s the old colour scheme (this is not my entry, just for comparison for anyone who’s curious):

Feline

Pure

I started sculpting based on photo ref (a caracal, though I got the proportions a bit wrong), then built a subd model to match that, then chopped it up and added robot details. Clothes use random flows’ cloth tool on a basic body shape, the zip was made from scratch. HDRI and background plant and plaster texture from polyhaven.

Edit: I thought I’d finished this image and started working on something else - copying the colours and lighting from a painting I saw. But I thought I’d use my robot as a test model for this new scene and… I love it! It looks so interesting to have a pink and blue robot with weird lighting. Maybe a bit more off topic. The flowers are from polyhaven and botaniq but I’m counting it as pure because the robot is obviously the focus and most of the work in the image.

14 Likes

Maybe something like this?

PURE

11 Likes

Robot B-9

Pure entry. I guess some folk will remember this old fella, just watch out for those flaying arms.

11 Likes

danger will robinson, danger! :smiley:

2 Likes

“iRobot”?

non-competing (pure)

11 Likes

Title: Coffee machine

Pure

14 Likes

Ice Robot

non competing (pure), Cycles+Compositor, Blender 4.0 Beta

And with this theme, even the kids joined the weekend challenge party. :wink:

16 Likes

Cool, nice one :grin: :laughing:

1 Like

Rushed Meme Entry

Open- I downloaded the body and background.

35 minutes well spent lol

6 Likes

lol at the use of an otamatone :smiley: was that the non-existant Jumbo model?

2 Likes