Challenge #1062 "The spirit of Halloween" (27/10/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1062 for Friday 27th of October 2023 is:

The spirit of Halloween

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 30, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: That’s the spirit!

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Title: It’s boo time!

Pure, Blender 3.6.5, Cycles.

13 Likes

Here’s a little something I just finished a couple of days ago. Fits the theme, so thought I’d share. Yes, it is made entirely in Blender, with After Effects to add the captions and night-vision effect.
My first full attempt at photo-realismishness.
P.S. It’s on my channel, with all my other Blender stuff, but I’ve put a fake description to see if I can trick people into believing it’s real. So, if people are investigative enough, they should be able to figure out it’s a hoax. But just in case, please don’t give anything away in the comments.
P.P.S. Non-competing.

7 Likes

Title: “These Costumes Get Better Every Year!”

Open. I modeled the two characters and the house structure over the last few days, but I used a few existing assets and downloaded images to complete the scene.

Just in case you find this image a bit sad, I made a (very) simple poem to hopefully give you a different perspective…

10 Likes

Hello Pumpkin
Pure, cycles, 1024 samples, rendertime 2x ~1min., optix, all made in blender except the candle flames are from the web
Entry picture:

hello_pumpkin
helloween_building8.blend (1.3 MB)

10 Likes

Konnichiwa Witches

Pure, Cycles
(The speech bubbles were downloaded and added along with the text in Gimp.)

8 Likes

That’s the spirit!

non competing (open), Cycles, Blender 3.6.4

For this one, I reused an old scull model from a previous weekend challenge. The background image is a G’mic Cubism-filter version of the raw render (Gimp) which was added using the compositor.

15 Likes

Non-Competing
No ideas this week so here’s an unfinished render of a pumpkin🎃

8 Likes

My entry - Have Some Spirit

Pure, cycles… I even made the bottle label as a render, then import image as plain.
Wood grain texture is a download…

6 Likes

Oh, this reminds me to pay Kakariko village a visit later today. :wink:

2 Likes

“The Passenger”
Non-competing
Blender/Eevee & Krita

6 Likes

Trick or Treat

Pure entry, blender 3.6 cycles. A bit rushed, I’m happier than I thought I would be, thanks to the lighting.

6 Likes

Hello,
This is my OPEN entry

Cycles 2000s. OPEN because I used human model from MakeHuman but rigged for this weekend challenge. Have no time to make it look better this week :frowning:

4 Likes

Title: Where spitrits have lease (Pure or Open)

(1713x2048)

Cycles Noise threshold 0.01 Max Samples 4096 (15 Min render Time)
Blender 4.1, I love this version.

It is a pure render but not sure about the materials used from my personal library and sourced from various places over time.

Hope you enjoy it,

Happy Halloween.

Napivo

7 Likes

Non-Entry

Went a little crazy modeling and 3d printing 2023 Halloween pieces. Definitely my favorite holiday of the year. Happy Halloween everyone!

11 Likes

Exploring Spirit

Open, the cat is from BlendSwap.

It is all generated with Blender’s included add ons. Wall factory. Ant landscape. Sapling trees. Cycles render.

Details

I found the cat’s rig difficult to use and could not turn his head as I wanted. With enough time I might have rigged him with Auto Rig Pro. This tutorial is good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm2ng33Io6I
Wall factory doesn’t put mortar in the joints so you can see through there or see light sometimes.
Rigged and animated Cat by JonasDichelle CC BY 3.0 https://www.blendswap.com/blend/18519
The textures for the walls and ground are from textures.com.

5 Likes

All Aboard!
Open entry. Everything was made by me, except the trees and witch image, but apart from the station it’s all old models.
Nearly killed my computer this one. One hundred thousand objects and 3.7 million vertices, things were getting rather slow.

8 Likes

If it knocks on your door and you see the Grim Reaper,
in Germany called “Gevatter Tod”,
don’t higgle with him cause he’s a sick cheater,
just welcome him in and let him vote!

Here you go:

1 Like