Challenge #1069 "The Oldest View" (15/12/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1069 for Friday 15th of December 2023 is:

The Oldest View

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 18, 2023 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: The First Viewer

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shortly After the Universe Hit ‘Render’

Pure.
I couldn’t be bothered to model an entire mall or a Rolling Giant, so I just went with something simpler.
I know the scales are off and it’s probably not scientifically accurate, but it’s pretty!

18 Likes

Is pretty, can confirm.

Wow, truly amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Illusion of Time

Pure. Inspired by true events… Lens Flare was added in AE… Sorry!

11 Likes

Thea on the Horizon

Pure entry, blender 4 cycles. I would make further changes but I’m happy with the result, and I’ve had enough crashes and freezes for the week.

7 Likes

You know what else was inspired by true events…?

Your arse?

1 Like

This

This is a real picture. (If you look this up you will be visited in your dreams)

Free Hugs
TOV
Non-Competing, Open.
I permanently borrowed the giant model from someone on discord.

4 Likes

Sorry about the ‘your arse’ comment. Had a few drinks, but it was all in jest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just want to check something; you do know that “The Oldest View” is a work of fiction, right?

you mean like this?

1 Like

mostly fiction… :no_mouth: (but yes)

1 Like

Ahhh! Very scary

1 Like

Title: The sands of time

Open

Almost pure I think but cosmic background from https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/outer-space-background_4100956.htm and sand + stone materials inspired by materials from blenderkit.

11 Likes

Stone Age Optics

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

9 Likes

ahah, stone age nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Settlement

I wanted to depict humanity both destroying, but also witnessing this ancient view. Does a view exist if nobody sees it?

Open - mostly new stuff but the terrain is based on NASA data (with added procedural detail), the workers’ spacesuits are a heavily modified version of Blender’s female base mesh, rigged using Mixamo, the Earth and lens flare are from an earlier projects, the cranes are from Blenderkit by MapacheDRelease.

All of the buildings are based on a single module, the one being carried by the crane.

If I had time I’d have added a 3D printer and cement mixer to explain how the building modules are made, but sadly the deadline approaches too quickly.

Nerd facts: the Sun and Earth are the correct sizes viewed from the Moon, but the moon terrain is a scan of a crater which should be 100 times larger than the scale I’m using. I shrank it down because the scan just didn’t have enough detail for a scene at this size.

10 Likes