Challenge #1071 "Blood-Gate" (29/12/23) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1071 for Friday 29th of December 2023 is:

Blood-Gate

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jan 1, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Flow

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

‘Welcome to Hell’

Open. Figured this was a Diablo-inspired theme so I just ran with it. Happy new year everybody!!

I made the door and the doorframe xD the rest is from blender kit. Don’t vote for me. Again; happy new year!!!

8 Likes

When I came up with the idea there were no diablo thoughts involved, but I had to think of diablo afterwards, especially of the announcement trailer of diablo 4. So diablo inspired is kinda correct.

1 Like

@Helge (or anyone who knows the answer): Should horror (gore) be tagged as NSFW?

“HeckRaiser” (probably NSFW - Warning: Contains gore)

Possible NSFW Content

Open. The attic structure, door, boxes and chairs were all existing assets. I made the rest over the last couple of days, including the cobwebs which you can’t see!
Also ran it through AE to adjust the colours and add some grain for that 1980’s horror look.

7 Likes

Oopse, wrong reply.

BloodGate_Rabbit

Blood-Gate Rabbit

Noncompete

2 Likes

“Donate”
non-competing

Blender/Eevee

Happy New Year everyone!

5 Likes

Artificial Gate To The Heart

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 4.0.2

6 Likes

Blood Door

Pure entry. Blender 3.6.7. Rendered in Eevee, and the sketchy lines are grease pencil. The skull was sculpted… my first finished sculpt ever!

Link: https://dustycloud.org/gfx/goodies/2023-12-31-blood-door.jpg

.blend source file, if you’d like it: https://dustycloud.org/gfx/goodies/2023-12-31-blood-door.blend

As a bonus, here’s a WIP version of the skull laughing. Not the submission, just for fun: https://dustycloud.org/gfx/goodies/2023-12-31-blood-door-skull-laughing.gif

This is really fun! I haven’t done one of these in like… two decades…

9 Likes

Under Blood Red Skies

Pure entry, blender 4 cycles.

3 Likes

Title: The red eye gate

Pure

10 Likes

Here’s my entry…
Gate

Pure, cycles

Hmmm… sems to be a common theme here. I couldn’t come up with much other than rather literal - I see great minds think alike.

2 Likes

I thought of a Dune heart plug. Just not enthused with that. My first thought was when a politician has a whatever scandal and it’s called whatever-gate but how to represent that in an image?

Hope you’ll excuse the couple minutes cross the deadline, if that is a problem – add it to non-competings
“Sacrifice has been made”
Pure entry, cycles

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I usually wait at least half an hour after the deadline before I start compiling the voting. And it will probably be a little longer today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” - William Shatner

Btw.: Here is the voting: