Challenge #1076 "Jumping Jack Flash" (02/02/24) Entries CLOSED

Theme #1076 for Friday 2nd of February 2024 is:

Jumping Jack Flash

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 5, 2024 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Flashy

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Title: “Warming Up”

Jumping Jack Flash

Open. Non-competing.
If I feel uninspired by a theme, I just make a bad joke. Sorry.

13 Likes

I got nothing other than vague memories of a movie with a young cussing Whoopie Goldberg. The only thing I can find other than this is the fact that the rolling stones have a song with a similar name. I guess that a play on words it will be…

It’s a Rolling Stones song: I was born in a crossfire hurricane…and I howled at my Ma in the drivin’ rain…etc.

2 Likes

Smashing Pumpkin

A blender 4 cycles pure entry. I thought: Why not add an anthropomorphic touch? :stuck_out_tongue: The boolean was kind of messy, but it works for me.

7 Likes

It’s alright now.

It’s a gas, gas, gas.

A plumbus?

1 Like

A jackhammer, but I like the way you think :wink:

1 Like

And I thought you were making the headless horseman using his jack-o-lantern as a pogo stick. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Flash-in-a-box

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

A jack-in-a-box might count as a “jumping jack”. I could have made The Flash pop-out instead of a clown, but then I decided to go with a vintage camera flash apparatus.

So when the box opens, not only are you startled by the movement, but also blinded by the strong flash. Great for taking pictures of your kids making the funniest faces!

11 Likes

Pogo Blitz: Where Justice Hops, Evil Drops

Pure, Eevee
Making the city safer, one boing at a time…

7 Likes

Jumpin’ Jack Splash

non competing (pure), Cycles+Kuwahara, Blender 4.0.2

10 Likes

Title: Bang

Open.

Background image from unsplash.

5 Likes

This guy gets it

Flash Dance

Flash Dance

Open. Animation from Mixamo.

Spent (wasted) hours trying to make a geo node setup for lightning inside a character mesh, but in the end, just gave up and settled for ivy gen.

10 Likes

Here’s hy entry - Jack Be Nimble

Based on the authority of Mother Goose…
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over the candlestick

There are also theories that the rhyme was based on an English pirate, ‘Black Jack Smatt’. Black Jack was said to be able to escape from capture whenever under threat (‘nimble’ and ‘quick’). Black Jack lived on Jamaica, in Port Royal, during the Golden Age of Piracy. Jack Smatt was portrayed in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies as Jack Sparrow

4 Likes

Might as well jump,
Go ahead and vote:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes