Challenge #114 Voting CLOSED

Kansas:

Did you enjoy taking part in the challenge?

Did you learn anything while modelling for the challenge topic?

If yes to both or either of the above, then continue doing the challenges!

The weekend challenge is a bit of fun, as long as you have fun doing it, then don’t worry about votes! :smiley:

Brian

Cangrats Igor, really cool entry(and a very deserving winner). With an image as twisted as that, I’m sure you’ll come up with a theme I can really sink my teeth into next week. Oh yeah, and thanks to anybody who voted for me.

Kansas… 0 votes is better than 1. at least it shows you have enough character not to vote for yourself. Just keep trying, and pay close attention to what the other entries do(just the good bits) and you will definately improve. The weekend challenge is the best way to get better, so don’t give up.

Hey,
Congrats to all of you. That was close :slight_smile: This one was a real challenge BTW. This is rare on the WC. I picked up a topic that should put the challenge a bit higher I think. I sent it to theeth.
Kansas: look at my “joined date”. This is the first WC I win. I’ve not entered all of them, but anyway. Plus, I’m sure you learned a lot, because the topic needed it. Try the next one and you should learn even more I think.
Regads.
-IS-

i got a vote, i got a vote. it’s my first vote ever. who voted for me?

i got a vote.

Here’s a thing for you… for #113 I didn’t get my entry finished on time (or even remotely close to), but it was gonna be a kickass image when it got that far. So I keep working on it, and I’m going to spend some more attention on detail. I’m also planning work on more stuff based around what I had planned. It might all come together and be done in about a month, but if it were just a little closer to completion I would have hacked some cheap extra scenery into it and entered it. It would have got maybe -10 votes if I was lucky.
The point is I still got something from it. And in a week, maybe two, there’ll be some kickass was-a-WC-entry-but-is-no-more WIP stuff. Who cares that I couldn’t get it done in time? Not me. In fact, considering the nature of the scene, it has benefitted from the fact that I was that little bit away from oh-so-close to completion.
Don’t quit. Learn.

hey, does this mean that I started a “real challenging topic” time :smiley:
And I voted for you too btw :wink: .

Youi certainly did, BackiZ. When I first saw the topic, I said to myself:“given the overall level of the entries, this might be a bit too hard topic.” But when I gave it a second thought, damn this is genius! Look at the entries this week. don’t you think it’s one of the best WC’s ever? I hope this won’t top. When you’re old, BackiZ, you can tell your children: “you see, dad started it all” :wink:
Cheers.
-IS-

Congrats, Sandman!

Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us this week!

Congrats IgorSandman! Well deserved.

Very close voting across the board on this one too. Good work everyone.

BgDM

So when new topic announced?

Do you think Theeth ever gets sick?

I guess theeth is late because we live at opposite time zone. The result were know while I was sleeping and I gave theeth the topic while he was sleeping (I guess). It shouldn’t take long.
Patience is the key.
-IS-

i hope you picked a nice topic IS.

Would it matter if he didn’t? Just model some dog turd or something!! merde!!

I never voted on myself for the 2 I got 1 vote on either, I don’t want to look cheap and desperate on winning a WC, i’m not going to enter this one because the topic looks uninteresting and I may not have the time anyway.
Of learning new skills it did have some firsts in the history of my artwork and other points.

-first time I used creased edges for a render
-first practical use of ramp shaders
-most material indexes for one object (9(could be 10))
-first time I made a character with eyeballs.