Challenge #347 (31/07/09) CLOSED

I started something, but i’m not sure if i’ll finish it.

Attachments

I am afraid that the last image i posted is going to have to be my FINAL. My computer has been having some internet problems so i do not know when i will be able to post againg. I am typing this using a friends computer, and i will post again when i can.

Ardvark II Emu

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z123/bogey61/ArdvarkiiEmu.jpg

Pure Blender Non Raytraced

Bogey

ps, php and working on the captions. possibilities:-

• Have you seen this egg?

• OK who had the beach?

• Er, Do you need some bog roll?

• So as it turns out, they issued me with the wrong sort of ladder.

• Fire !

rambling, “well when he said worm holes I naturally thought----”

pps: - WOODY, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE.

uh, what? Is that your entry? Are you aware this week’s theme is “the portal.”?

Its a long story.

I did this pretty quickly and I might still add something more, but I dont know what to add.
any suggestions?

Attachments

ah… lol but is it or is it not an entry for the challenge?

Anyone happen to know why my render has the black “brush strokes” on the edges of some of the tiles? :slight_smile:

When I ran out of rhyming phrases for “place holder” I started to put what I call a “place holder pic” to show I was entering, and/or to show the progress on it.

So yes in a way.

Interesting. I like your brand of e-humor. I hope your CG is the quality of that bird, but concerning a portal of sorts.

I don’t see anything wrong, perhaps it’s just a monitor setting???

Bogey, nice work. You should go with, " Er, Do you need some bog roll?" Could be addressing the one in the jon or on the ladder, both surely must have sht.

Nice work everyone, I’ll post something inferior soon.

Hmmm, really?

I’ll have to check it on another monitor…

did you check at these places?

Attachments

Excellent work on all the entries!

Here is my non-participating entry:

Metaverse Junction

As usual, pure Blender.

Have a great week, everyone!

RobertT

Radulan, that looks awesome. Great texturing. It kinda has the look of a christmas airlock. :yes:

Oh, I see now. Looks like artifacts in your model since it’s exactly the same in every tile, and it appears to be mirrored on the other side of the tile. Check the verts. Still, nice work.

Radulan, I agree with padfoot, very nice!!!

here’s my entrail, “portal to the past”

I thought the week long challenge would give me more time to work on something, but really I just kept changing my mind.

Attachments

Well my computer is now fixed right before the deadline! Nice entries! Here is my final image.:smiley:

Attachments

Here’s mine. It’s my first try with the compositing nodes and radiosity… it turned out rather… interesting… I didn’t spend as much time as I wanted on modeling, and I don’t think I’ll have time to improve it tomorrow

-Andrew

Once again - great theme. There is always so much to learn doing these competitions.
First time doing any serious sculpting (Venom’s Lab DVD was very helpful). Some texturing done in Gimp. Everything else pure Blender.
So many great entries!

My entry for this week: “Dare to Enter…”

Attachments

Inter-dimensional transmission via the dollhouse…

Photoshop was used for textures and some light post production. Everything in this image is fresh accept the model ship, which I did about a month ago. The cannons got lost at sea (or somewhere between .blend files apparently.). I would consider this still “pure”.

I had an incredibly hard time deciding weather to do this still at night or at daytime, so I made two versions, and will likely show both in the finished projects forum. However I think night time suits my concept better so am going with night for this challenge.

People have done awesome work this time around… seriously. I think the quality sum for this weekend challenge is the best yet.

Attachments