Challenge #779 (25/05/18) Entries CLOSED

Theme #779 for Friday 25th of May 2018 is:

Pareidolia

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Tue, May 29, 2018 12:30 AM (Europe: Paris), Mon, May 28, 2018 3:30 PM (America: Los Angeles) (countdown))

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

For new members: if your entry/post doesn’t show up right away, that might be due to blenderartist’s auto-moderation feature. Your post will show up eventually. However, this can take some time (hours). So, if you are close to the deadline and your entry is caught by moderation, just send me a PM including a link to the image. I’ll try to add it manually.

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

So would I be right to say that’s something to do with seeing shapes and patterns?

same Q over here , i google it but i couldn’t understand a thing

Wow this theme can make things very interesting :open_mouth:

Ever seen clouds in the shapes of animals or objects, or maybe see them in the pattern of tiles or wood? That’s the phenomenon called Pareodolia.

oh now i get it :slight_smile:

Seems to be basically seeing a familiar pattern in something random - like a face on a building, tree, car or cloud.

r/Pareidolia could work for inspiration, and it’s also just fun. :slight_smile:

Premonition to a bad landing

Non-competing

Cycles, 512 samples, denoiser, filmic, hdri lighting, blender cloud generator integrated add-on.

I previously built the P-51 model several years ago. It is actually one of my very first models from when I started blender. The mesh is a complete and total mess but it works for this and cnc models.There are 8 cloud layers and trying to get them to play nice with each other and the plane was a struggle. After many, many hours of tweaking, resizing, and moving around and dozens of test renders I got something that was close to what I wanted. I still had to post process (morph) the clouds to get the look I wanted.

Post processed with Paintshop Pro: vignette, edge enhancement, contrast, and cloud morphs to get the feel I wanted.

4 Likes

If this would be of any help to anyone in this weekends challenge.

Excellent choice of theme!

I modeled an old alarm clock from a tiny reference image i found online, its pure (some post composing in PS), 128 samples. Hope you guys like a bit;

Old Alarm Clock

7 Likes

And … done! :wink:

Thx Helge!

Ok wow, in a case of thematic crossover I never spent the necessary time studying Millani’s winning entry last week; I believed that the spaceman, who is facing screen right, was actually a penguin facing left. It is an awesome entry and congrats Millani, although I will be honest, you lose points for not using a penguin.

#ignore

penguin-1

3 Likes

@Photox :smiley:

Come to think of it, that moon is also smiling.

…I guess we’ll all start seeing patterns everywhere this week.

2 Likes

How deep does this thing go? :scream:

Landscape

Pure entry, 2000 samples, WIP.

Well if I come up with something else then I will post something but for the time being I will probably just be sitting this one out. Look forward to seeing others entries.

Hello,
PURE entry “illusive nature”. Cycles 1024s.

textures thanks to TEXTUREZ.COM and OPENGAMEART.ORG

3 Likes

Moon Dancers

Open entry, Cycles 256 samples, compositing in Blender.

Moon texture is from planetpixelemporium, other textures are procedural.

2 Likes