Title: Please stand over there if you want to shoot me

Pure entry
the creatures on the bottom are supposed to be sharks

3 Likes

Last Years Model
Pure Entry.

2 Likes

Cliffhanger

Pure entry, 1000 samples with post processing.

3 Likes

Dangerous situations evolves into crime.

I did this model in just half an hour. I don’t wan to miss the train.
From now onwards, I will do my best to participate in all the challenges!
All the best for everyone!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to challenge myself in this WEC so I mad this non competing image :

There still are some tweaks to do (like grass going through the concrete :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) but you got the idea :wink:

150 samples with denoiser, textures from poliigon.com, composed in Blender

Hope you enjoy it :smile:

10 Likes

The OSHA Violator or Why You Put Your Forks Down Before You Go to Lunch

Pure Entry, All new models, All procedural textures. Used GIMP to recompress to get under 250K.

5 Likes

Another update:
Fire is a major pain in the censored to render correctly, ended up cheating ! (thanks to: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/101694/procedural-candlelight )

Todo: still don’t like the background ! might touch the knife material, especially the blade.
And need to do a bit of post-pros with blender compositor or natron.

@Arethyu: poor bug, nice render !
@yennamsandeep51: Accurate title, good idea too

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yeah I am not going to be able to get my entry finished in time so I will just post what I got to. Was going to do a damaged armor suit in a display. But I have spent most of my time playing grease monkey and then home remodeling. I might be able to toss a helmet together but my plans for sculpting and modeling in dents and puncture holes into the armor and the Manuel Bastioni character was going to be removed as it was just used to position and model the armor.

Well it’s not finished and this is all I am going to be able to get done on it but here it is.

Open entry cause heavy texture use from.
https://cc0textures.com/home#_=_

2 Likes

Thanks @MadeWithFeet

nice, nice, nice…

Only if you have the time you should check out what motion blur within Blender can do for your entry!

Thank you for the suggestion. I unfortunately don’t think I’ll be able to get that in before the deadline, but I will definitely have to remember to try that next time I do an action shot. I was trying to think of how to make it seem more “urgent,” and that would definitely have been the answer.

Sure thing! Its the most easiest way to spice things up, just give the desired objects some movement in the x direction by placing two keyframe along the timeline. Choose a frame in the middle suitable for rendering. And play with motion blur values. Usually values between 0.5 and 2 are doing the job quite perfect.

But i like it a lot already, no mistake there.

Server Migration

Pure entry. Everything made with Blender, only procedural textures used.

I suppose this was the guy responsible for transferring the data from the old vBulletin server to Discourse. It is the only way to explain this.

I wanted to feature the crazy bus driver here, but I didn’t have enough time to model him.

10 Likes

Interesting and unusual dieselpunk style work :ok_hand:.Did you try to animate it, using eevee render?

1 Like

@Millani I like the play on words of it! Kinda bummed THE “apple” didn’t make it’s way into the briefcase. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks good Millani!

1 Like

Pollution Water

Pure Cycles 1k samples,filmic,denoising, 50/50 used third party and procedural textures.

7 Likes

Okay, it’s the final image for this contest:
It’s a pure entry.
Nervous ginger :

What i’ll do differently next time:

I started it in metric than went to blender scale, i’ll stay with blender scale for those kind of render.
Post processing is annoying on my toaster, i’ll use gimp.
Flames and SSS are a nightmare for rendering time, i’ll go with cheating directly.

I need more training about post and color grading.

Overall it was a nice project. Can’t wait for the next !

@str11: you didn’t choose an easy render to do, nice texturing job

2 Likes

Hi everyone!
I would like to hear your opinion about plastic bottles, that’s looks realistic or not?