Challenge #800 (19/10/18) Entries CLOSED

Ahhhhh…I thought you did manually

Im inn this weekend, This is the main character of the entry :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

How can you go wrong!

WIP*

This started out as a bowl of red M&M’s with 1 Blue M&M - Ehhh to basic
Then it turned into a Skittles character trying to fit in with all the M&M Characters - ehhh didnt really fit the theme of contrast.

I recently read that hard candy was invented because Chocolate kept melting in the summer time. So I thought an epic fight between an M&M with a Jolly Rancher on the register counter should be fun.

I only hope I have enough time to finish it. I can already tell this jolly rancher wrapper is going to be a headache to make look correct.

2 Likes

Your work gets better every week!!

2 Likes

@icyou520 Thank you! :slight_smile: still a ton for this old blenderer to learn though

hehe i dont think anyone is mad enough to do that manually :stuck_out_tongue:

Blockquote hehe i dont think anyone is mad enough to do that manually :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Yeah that would be insane. Insanity by cubism!

Quick Entry this week. Hit you guys with the @beau11 classic sunset image.
Open due to some reference images used.
“Danger Zone”
Happy Blendering :smiley:

6 Likes

@beau11 I don’t think I would call it open if it was just a reference image. Now if the reference image was used in the actual rendered entry then I would probably call it open. Reference images are almost a must, the brain forgets so many details and only focuses on the important info so without a reference image you may forget how Fruit Loops/Froot Loops is actually spelled on the box without an image to remind you.

1 Like

I mean I modeled the guy and plane straight off of the image so it’s definitely not my own work. I don’t wanna take any votes from any other pure entries out there, I have a busy week so i made this quickly.

Understandable. And is it a Top Gun reference by any chance and a tribute to Goose as Maverick walks to his plane with his wingman looking down from above?

Yes indeed it is, nice catch :wink:

1 Like

Cool effect

Looking good so far. Yes, doing a wrapper by hand, painful. It might not be horrible if you could pull it off with a few cloth simulations. At the boundary of my knowledge of it though, can you convert the resulting simulation to mesh?
Not googling it yet :slight_smile:

Yep that is my next step. If the sculpting turns out horrible I will go with a cloth sim. Wish me luck lol

Now I’m going to have to watch top gun again. Thanks for that!

2 Likes

Contrast Interior Design

Non-competing

Cycles, 500 samples, hdri, light panels, filmic, cloth physics, additional image filters with Paintshop Pro

All new models. Two contrast objects. The artwork with one side being a negative of the other contrasted with the colorful butterfly. The sofa with purple and yellow being complementary or opposite on the color wheel.

8 Likes

Considering the Su-27 (CMIIW), this would be a Russian Top Gun. :smiley:

Placeholder.
Some temp color splash is here.
Feedback - thoughts on this water? (its from below)