• joshwinkler3d
  • RayVelcoro
  • FlyingBanana
  • caz747
  • Millani
  • icyou520
  • fcharr

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Oct 31, 2018 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20181102-wc

Pure Entries

atekdigital: CARTOON style Circus

purbosky: Circus Above Cumulus

Clavinerise: Popcorn Stand

Pure_Clay: Elephant Track

david.speer: Circus Animals

joshwinkler3d: Little Top

RayVelcoro: Circus Elephant

FlyingBanana: The Great Flea Flicker Circus

caz747: Circus Maximus

Millani: Metaliclown

Open Entries

icyou520: The Greatest show on earth

(Open (Eevee))

fcharr: Clown

(Open entry due to being done through a tutorial. )

Non-competing Entries

Helge: Come in we’re OPEN!

RobertT: CONTORTIONIST CONVOLUTIONS

OLG: When the crowds no longer come

2 Likes

Great entries everyone. Going to be fun seeing how these votes end up.

atekdigital, joshwinkler3d & caz747 got my votes this week, Very nice modeling guys!

@josh, smaller trees in the bg would give a bigger tent. Its a bit out of tune. But thats composing. Love the feeling of the tent. nice lighting also. it lives.

1 Like

Nice entries everyone, here is a little late entry for you all:

7 Likes

@RayVelcoro the trees do throw it off a bit, I didn’t have the time (or focus, as I submitted it around 2am my time :slight_smile:) to fix it. A simple bg card would have done it though. Thanks for the feedback and the vote :+1:

@3dmad, that is just super scary. Clowns, why did it have to be clowns!

“Hello Georgie.”…shivers down my back.

The remake was a lot better but nothing will beat the performance of tim curry in the miniseries :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Nick Park did a remake of IT that is how I would expect Pennywise to look. Awesome job, I love it.

@beau11, totally agree with you but overall the old series did not hold up well. I saw it in prep of the new movie and it just did have the same punch.

I was thinking more of the book. Many, many moons ago reading it at night and it gave me nightmares for a week. The dead old teacher especially talking to the woman. Total freak out.

@3dmad, really cool render.

The book was definitely weird, but very enjoyable. Read it last summer along with most of the Stephen King classics. If you thought I was going to go see the movie without reading the book you were mistaken :wink:

Thank you all, I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile: somehow the render ended up looking a little like one of my mothers Halloween cakes so I was pretty happy with that. It’s not a completely clean render, but then it never seems to end up that way even when I try ;-). I think it showed me just how little modeling and texturing/vertex painting was actually required and I hope it perhaps encourages others that might be thinking about entering the WC to give it a shot.

Having fun and entering something whenever you can manage it I think is the most important message to convey to everyone, especially to those that are just thinking about entering or perhaps might be on the fence as to whether or not to enter.

Happy blending to all.

Nice one! And the perfect image to have stuck in ones mind before riding home, though a dark and lonely forest… by bike…on a dirt track… with a glitching front light, after work tonight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m currently praying for you @Helge to make it home safely, but I’m also standing by should the worst happen :-).

To be honest while I was creating my clown I did view it as quite a friendly and caring little chap, but this doesn’t seem to have been the general consensus here. I must admit I do find the possibility of creating a truly horrifying and chilling image to be quite an intriguing challenge, as I don’t think I have ever seen any computer generated image that has really elicited that kind of hair tingling response. In a lot of ways I think this is perhaps the perfect environment to achieve such an image, but sadly I think I lack the required skills to make it :-(. …maybe next Halloween :wink:

Really good entries this week and such a unique theme! It was a fun one! Well done @atekdigital, you did a great job! I’m excited to see what the next theme will be!

Thanks. ;-). Everything is fine, I made it home in one piece. I saw a few ghosts, witches and masked serial killers on the way - but most of them where 130cm and below - so, no need to worry. :slight_smile:

I guess he is probably the friendliest member of his family. However, their reputation has definitely suffered over the last couple of years.

1 Like

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 801 with votes from 44.7% of the voters is… atekdigital!
Here’s to all the great participators…

CARTOON style Circus

@atekdigital congrats on the win.

Great entry Atekdigital. Congrats!!

Congratulation @atekdigital!

There were a lot of great entries this week.

I do like the abstract simplicity and symmetry of the chosen winner – among many others. This was a great topic, full of juicy possibilities, and that IMHO is what all of the contestants gave us. (Even the late entry, who is not a clown that I would care to meet in a carney except in Something Wicked!)

1 Like