Challenge #806 Voting CLOSED

(Helge) #41

I’d like to request some additional poll options. :wink:

I’ve always liked the all-entries-mini-review-posts we have had over the years. And I agree that it is too time consuming for one person to do this every week. However, I don’t think that ‘pressuring’ (even if only a little) the winner into doing this, is the right way to go. Whatever the reason (e.g. time constraints, language barrier, other reasons, …), the way I see it, no participant should have to explain if he/she wants or doesn’t want to do this. Personally I’d love to read 5 of these posts in every voting thread and no one should be kept from doing this. But it should be done because it is fun - and not because this may seem to be expected. I hope this is making any sense.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t mean to sound grumpy here. :wink:

(icyou520) #42

I actually agree with you, just and idea I thought I would throw out there.

It took me a year of watching these challenges and Millani taking to a break for me to get the courage to even do it, so I completely understand.

(3dnotguru) #43

@icyou520 I’m glad that you liked my rasberry pi dessert.
Rasberries material has 0,4 sss value (Principled Shader). Glass isn’t clear because parts of it are covered with fog/mist/condensate due to temperature difference (made with painting mix map for shaders).

(Millani) #44

[quote=“icyou520, post:21, topic:1136926”]
Once again, another image that looks like it came right out of a cookbook or magazine. I love how you did the crystals. I would not change a thing with this image.[/quote]

Thank you! There is, however, something strange with the sugar crystals. Not sure if they are too big or not shiny enough, but something doesn’t feel right for me.

I think I would make more money cooking these things in real life and selling that instead :slight_smile:

(Millani) #45

Are you, by any chance, in this bank?

(FlyingBanana) #46

@Millani might as well be. My account still reads zero. Said that it should be fixed by Wednesday of next week. Figured being with one of the oldest banks in the US I wouldn’t have to worry about crap like this. Not to mention selling off 200,000 customers and locations to a mid sized bank. And I wasn’t even supposed to be involved in the transfer to begin with cause I live in Florida and this was only supposed to affect Midwest branches. So I’m eating ramen noodles and getting calls from my monthly bill companies. What a nightmare.

(icyou520) #47

hmmm you might need to get creative now. Payback.

(FlyingBanana) #48

Worst part now though thanks to politicians banks can no longer be sued. Only compensation I could possibly get from this incident is if there is a class action suit done which would involve a bunch of people complaining to the government and then the government sets the amount to be paid out and that money gets split up evenly among the affected. So if this sets me back say $500 in penalties I still might only get something like $200 and not instantly either but months and months from now. https://www.consumerreports.org/contracts-arbitration/you-still-cant-sue-your-bank-arbitration-cfpb/