Challenge #811 (04/01/19) Entries CLOSED

This entry is gonna win for sure !!!

Pure entry.
“A needle for a hundred pins”

4 Likes

I don’t think a non-competing entry ever won the voting. :wink:

@Helge I always wanted to model a plague doctor, but always found it too hard to model leather or cloth. I liked how the holes and other parts look rather irregular, giving it more of that hand-crafted look.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Blender 2.8 just crashed after I made a fairly complex model. Well, complex for me :smiley:

The autosave had already been written over by the time I got to it :confused: Stupid internet distracting me.

Thus my entry will now be open as I’ll be downloaded a model from blendswap I guess. I don’t have time to remodel :frowning:

1 Like

Forbidden Knowledge

Pure entry. Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures used.

Old entry:
Secret%20of%20Alchemy

6 Likes

Did u use volume scatter for the volumetric lighting or used the compositor for that effect ?

I feel sad for you LOL :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Pure frustration. I’m a crappy modeller so this was something that was actually coming together reasonably well.

Ah well, on to the next object I guess.

I’ll be uploading my first upload on blenderartist in a while. Wish me good luck.

1 Like

So, here’s my entry.

“Evolution of war tools”
Open
Cycles @ 500 samples

I didn’t quite get everything down that I wanted to but what the hell, it was another fun entry.

Edit: Found the name of the guy who created the gun model - epittsburg (https://www.blendswap.com/user/epittsburg). Everything else was modeled by myself.

3 Likes

I used a cube with volume shaders.

1 Like

Concentric Apparatus

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures, compositing in Blender. Drawings on the paper taken from some projects that I took part of.

11 Likes

10 hours until render gets done then on to compositing :yum::grin::drooling_face::hushed::thinking:

1 Like

shrug… Im adding one thing, then rendering it overnight

:stuck_out_tongue:

this is not the finished one. This is a test render of it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“Crafted”

Non-competing.

tools_trade_28

12 Likes

Nice job, I tried many times to produce this lighting effect and I wasn’t able to make it look so good.

Here is my pure entry : everything made in Blender (I used Gimp for the border. If not ok for the pure entry, please let me know). I learned how to use sculting and hair particle system for this entry and I maneged to resist ragequitting in the middle.

The ultimate tool

Money is the tool with which you can do everything and anything. But is it good?.. (dramatic tatata music) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice and clean, I think the blender eraser will give you the victory :smiley: