Challenge #821 (15/03/19) Entries CLOSED

Joking. Just for fun

“Make me a wish”

2 Likes

Would love to see a breakdown of your scene. Brilliant executed! Definitely my vote!

Desert Haul

Pure - not finished, but will have to call it so.

2 Likes

Amasing entries this week,
Here is my modest pure entry. Here in Québec we have snow not sand so I decided to model a snowstorm instead of a sandstorm.
Blender 2.79, cycles, 100 samples + denoising

Our White Sand Falling From The Sky

4 Likes

“All The Time You Have”
Pure entry

An hourglass as a metaphor for aging and a dissolving person made of sand, two totally original ideas that surely no one else has thought of!

Post-mortem: I wasn’t having much luck modeling the effect with physics, so I just sculpted it by hand. For the parts where the sand pours down I just smudged parts of the model downward and then faded it out based on the vertex colors. Then I added some extra particles on top of it. I tried to create the sky texture from scratch using procedural shading, and after 3 or 4 different variations I stumbled upon something that looks pretty good. This my 3rd attempt at the weekend challenge, and I’m finding that the trick is to try to finish the modeling as soon as possible to leave a lot of time for lighting.

9 Likes

“Sand Cats”

Pure entry

5 Likes

This would get featured regardless of it winning the WC (even though votes have yet to be tallied :smile:).

I would love a breakdown on this. It’s so perfect, from the lighting to the wet sand, everything is glorious.

This is my serious submission for the contest !

“Sand in the Microscope - The Heart of Sand”

1 Like

Sandblasting

non-competing
The car model is from koumis at BlendSwap

6 Likes

“The Sand Castle Of Time”
Pure entry, everything made with Blender
[Cycles / Denoising 128 samples]

3 Likes

Pure.
A sandy awakening.
Less of an actual scene, more of an exhibition of a procedural sand shader.

4 Likes

Outstanding, to say the least. Superb work.

1 Like

This is very nice! Great blend of low-poly geometry and detail textures. I love the polygonal details in the faces!

I’d love to know how you set up the materials too - great work!

Congratulation! This image is very powerful!

Hey @Maxime congrats on the win.
I was hoping to know if you used fluid sim or as mentioned procedural materials.