Challenge #823 (29/03/19) Entries CLOSED

(Helge) #1

Theme #823 for Friday 29th of March 2019 is:

Mountains

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Apr 1, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Millani) #2

I was messing around with procedural displacement and got this.

Completely different from what I had in mind, but I like it.
(not an entry).

10 Likes

(Meta Ridley) #3

I created using Blender Render (Internal) Blender 2.49 around 2008, and a sky image of Google Images.

4 Likes

Challenge #823 Voting CLOSED
(Euv Oaht) #4

I’m not here to enter, but to vote. How do you vote? Can anyone explain the details? :thinking:

0 Likes

(joshwinkler3d) #5

There are two threads - this is the entry thread. When submissions end, a second thread is created for voting. It will have the same challenge number (Challenge #823 Voting OPEN).

1 Like

(OLG) #6

Lost in a Mountain stream

Non-competing

Cycles, 5000 samples, filmic, Graswald ($), Terrain generator shader Pro ($), one of my old sword and dragon models, vignette post process with Paintshop Pro.

Story: Warrior was traveling past a small mountain lake and stream when he was surprised by a young dragon. The warrior dropped his sword in his haste to escape and lost his prized sword in the lonely stream.

I know…pretty boring but I liked the imagery of the sword with a dragon in the background.

8 Likes

(FlyingBanana) #7

LOL nice theme, I just did a little mountain side animation for a guy that I am beta testing his build to make blender and Hitfilm pro work better together and allow easy camera data, animated empties and models to be brought into the software. Called Filmer did this as a quick thank you for making life easier to bring blender stuff into Hitfilm.

Not an Entry

2 Likes

(FlyingBanana) #8

Pure Entry Cycles 2.79b
“Sugar Mountain”

ClayRender

4 Likes

(Mateusz) #9

Oh, this looks awesome, could you share nodes? I’m playing with blender procedural displacement but can’t get such nice effects

edit
BTW, can you make real mesh from displacement map? I assume your material is on flat plane, so i’m wondering if you could convert it to mesh and edit it more. Thanks

1 Like

(purbosky) #10

Playing around with terrain contour effect (based on this method but modified so that it can be applied to one same object) :

Not an entry (also not sure if this is a WIP or not…)

1 Like

(Euv Oaht) #11

Ok That’s make sense. :ok_hand: Thanks for the info.

1 Like

(Millani) #12

Mounstains

Pure entry. Everything is made of procedural textures.

So after messing around with nodes I ended up with this. In case you’re wondering what does this have to do with mountains, those are two mountains viewed from the top (just use your imagination :smiley:).

@Wodzuu In case anyone wants, here is the blend file. The node setup is a bit too big for a screenshot.
Mounstains.blend (140.2 KB)

11 Likes

(Mateusz) #13

Thank you <3 haha i’m gonna check it as soon as i can

0 Likes

Sunset EEVEE mountains.
Pure.

17 Likes

(Mateusz) #15

For now this is my entry
“Power Up!” hahaha
Pure and Eevee

If animation will now work, there is one still from it

edit:
BTW i you haven’t already, try Nvidia AI Denoiser, it’s crazy what it can do.
edit2:
Also, CC very much welcome, it helps a lot

7 Likes

(Mateusz) #16

@Millani Are you using blender 2.80 oraz 2.79? When i try to render it, it’s flat

0 Likes

(Millani) #17

I’m using 2.79, but I just opened it in 2.8 and it worked.
Not sure how relevant this is, but you need to enable “experimental” features in 2.79 for it to work. But this should be enabled on the file. :confused:

0 Likes

(Mateusz) #18

Ok, i will test it again and come back with results :smiley:

0 Likes

(Francisco Charrua) #19

Green

Pure entry, 2000 samples.

4 Likes

(Helge) #20

"Olympus"

non-competing (pure), cycles (512 samples)

8 Likes