Challenge #832 (31/05/19) Entries CLOSED

Pure entry. aesthetic future prison 256 samples plus denoiser.

6 Likes

You could have really thrown people off and did the star trek enterprise D upside down on a support. Since that is how they actually had to do it cause of its weight and size distribution. :wink:

2 Likes

A visit from the master?” Pure (Eevee)

A test with eevee.
Lack of time to polish more: the lighting is weird and the room is too “clean”, too tidy :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Capturing the Moment

Pure entry, 1000 samples with denoising.

2 Likes

The Men in the Man on the Moon
Pure entry

A small tribute to Georges Méliès. I used height maps from NASA for the craters.

9 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

Attack of the Camera from Hell!
Pure

Not sure if I really had to provide a title for this one :rofl:

This entry is all about the world being destroyed by a rampant demonic vintage camera!! Wait, what was the theme again? :thinking:
I hope everyone likes it, I took a very different approach than I normally do.

9 Likes

I thought that I’d get away with it too until I saw your entry :laughing:
Oh well, they say great minds think alike.

Couldn’t come up with an on-topic idea that a) I was happy with, and b) was inside my skills+time capabilities. Enjoying this week’s renders though!

Marey Gun

Pure entry. Everythin made in Blender, used only procedural textures.

This is based on an actual camera that looked like a gun, invented by Étienne-Jules Marey.

Only now that I realize the gun is in an almost impossible position, since the barrel is very heavy and should pull the gun down. Oh well.

5 Likes

Horse Loop
Pure Entry

and video ( @Helge - if it is possible I would prefer video to be my entry )

I made a loop. Starting from Edward Muybridge’s photographs taken in 1878 (first movie ever, kind of), through frame interpolation, mapping to mesh, vertex weight modifier, rigging stop blades, expotring to pc2 file, mesh cache modifier, instancing in Animation Nodes with object attributes output evaluation, baking animations, rendering frames, compositing, video editing in internal sequencer…
…I eventually finished very close to starting point. I learned a lot on the way.
Thats my loop. It was fun :slight_smile:

Blender 2.8, Cycles, Animation Nodes

more pictures here

10 Likes

The making of Hugo

Open entry

Another tribute to Georges Méliès via the story of Hugo Cabret. Open entry because the background image is from a Hugo film poster.

2 Likes

This is the style I would’ve went with had I entered this weekend.

Need a film reel for your camera? :wink:

(A few years back we had the theme " Horror Movie (#621)")

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s perfect! :scream: With this world domination will be assured!!

1 Like

Great work Adam3141