Challenge #839 (19/07/19) Entries CLOSED

Yup it started rendering when I changed the grass number lower

Hi everybody!
I wanted to take a shot at making a looping animation (Beeple style :wink: ) but the file sizes are a bit large even as a gif - 17MB after some optimization. For now I’ve added a link to the file on my google drive. If you have any better ideas on how to get around the file size limit - let me know :smiley:

1 Like

Use pearlmount image resizer it shrinks the size without loosing any detail

You can link to a hosting page I believe and it won’t be over the limit and still displays here.

Lol, ya that to like you tube.

I’m cutting this close I put the scene back together and made some more ajustments the render will be done in 30 min. :grimacing::open_mouth::no_mouth::eyes:

2 Likes

i tried to resize but its already 800x some hundred. Does the current method work for you guys?

You can go from png to jpeg or jpg when you resize, it will drop from mb to kb on each image you use

1 Like

@rradarr
Something like this. The PNG File sequence totaled 107mb The video PNG totaled almost 5mb using https://ezgif.com/ I was able to create the animated gif and compress it to get a suitable file size then took it to my imgur page and uploaded it there copied the “direct link” and here you go.

1 Like

In order to add a preview image to the voting thread tonight, I need something that can be embedded. Uploaded images and embedded images from external services are fine. Even youtube videos work well. Not sure about Google Drive, though. Of course, I can add the link the way you did above, but compared to a ‘real’ preview image this will probably cost you a few votes.

Screams of the Harvested

Non-competing

Cycles, 512 samples, filmic, Graswald ($), HDRI lighting, minor post processing Paintshop Pro

Wow, I have not had blender crash so many times since I can’t remember when. I had 5 grass particle systems going but nothing crazy. Also, the curves bug cropped up. Not sure exactly why since I have been able to use curves in the past. (old 2.8 build) I guess I have to download the newest build.

But didn’t have any time this weekend so threw this together this morning. All old models but they are mine. The pumpkin was for a Halloween cnc pattern I made 2 Halloweens ago.

5 Likes

Well blender froze on me when my PC went into hibrination had to re render 18 min to finish again not letting it go into hibrination again I’ll post when it gets done

Don’t know if you all noticed but if you zoom your renders out it renders faster now. :grin:

I was at 17 min then zoomed out and now it’s 7 min

Something I asked about during the 2.79 stage. :grin:

2 min to go

Matooke Run

Open entry, Composited in Adobe After Effects, Plantain textures created in Photoshop, procedural textures, HDRI to achieve morning lighting and back ground presence.

I was amazed by how far I could push Blender particles. I used them to set up the Plantain (we call them matooke over here). The bike spokes too - I was getting a squashed result using the array and curve modifier. Turns out, a hair particle system was the way to go.

256 samples, indirect denoising, around 8 mins render time, 2.79

8 Likes

" Those crazy harvester are at it again "
Open entry
Cycles, denoise, make human character models , made the cloths all procedural textures in blender ,everything else blender used an image resizer to reduce the mb to kb composited in blender, smoke sim in blender it was 11.5 mb now it’s 200 kb.

5 Likes

wow nice! but particles AND smoke, I understand why this was hard to render.

On the night of Harvest Day, these creatures wander the fields of Connecticut in search of their next meal. Each year they claim more victims than the last.

Crop Giants

Pure, Blender 2.79 Cycles

6 Likes

Lol, ya I’m pushing 2.8 to see what I can do with it on my laptop in cycles so I know what I can do later on. :grin: I was surprised with the way the smoke moved with the partical system it was lagy at first then it went fluid.
I think I could have went a few steps higher with the smoke but I didn’t want to go to far with it

It was rendered at 25 samples at HD TV 1920 x1080 started at 4k ultra HD at 500 samples I could see every detail in the truck and the skin shader I made woo if you look the light does what it does in real life there are no textures on it just a noise normal map for the pores in blender

1 Like

I think I put the scope too high this time and I failed :sweat_smile:, anyway, this is my open entry: “harvest in times of war”

I used E-cycles 2.8 as branch, graswald for the particles, MB Lab for the humans, and Marvelous Designer for the cloths.
Ground and wood(could be better) made procedurally in cycles.
Color grading in Blender and Photoshop.
Thanks!

9 Likes