Challenge #839 (19/07/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #839 for Friday 19th of July 2019 is:

Harvest Day

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jul 22, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Sound fun :face_with_monocle:.

I tried blender rc and I was like :dizzy_face::astonished::hushed::open_mouth::face_with_monocle::thinking::drooling_face::speak_no_evil::scream_cat: they have watts for the lamps :yum::see_no_evil:.

And I read an artical about blender getting a grant from some where and other companies backing blender up

And about them taking the game engine out I was thinking that they could make the game engine a separate file from cycles and eevee it would give python gaming more to work with all the space it could have and the files from cycles and eevee can still be imported to the game engine

Lol I got my roughness mixed up when I said 2.5-3 for plastic it is .25-.3 with matallic all the way up

Yes. EPIC games donated 1.2 million to the blender foundation.

1 Like

I guess the demand for party hats in Amsterdam just spiked. :wink:

5 Likes

okay, they got one + from me now haha, “Everyone liked that”

inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8zBRF5krHo

I got an idea of what I would like to do, but I might not be able to finish it, has a lot of hard surface modeling might do the layout then sculpt a little on the hard surfaces it should speed it up :grin:
Was up modeling untill 6:00AM got 5 hours of sleep and getting ready to get back at modeling again :sweat_smile:

can I upload a gif? :thinking:

I told my dad what I was working on for this WC and he about fell over laughing :grin:.

Haven’t done anything funny since my cat with the rocket launcher so I thought now would be a good time to make another funny, but like I said I might not be able to finish it, but I’ll try. :grin:

Sure, go ahead. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to that one!

Hm…

… are you sure you really need those 5 hours of sleep? A lot can be done in an additional 5 hours. :wink:

Lol, ya It took me half a day to model one plant for my scene had to look for refrance models, but it’s going into the partical system.
the big part is the hard surface modeling that’s what’s going to kill my time the models like the one I’m making usually takes me 3 days and I’m going to try for one day on each one or less there are 4 models plus the plant . :grin:

This is the hard surface model I’m working on, I’m not going into detail with it, because the inside won’t be seen.

I don’t do alot of vehicles anymore so this is the first in a few years I think my last one was a Subaru WRX sti, no I take it back I made a model T rat rod with detail inside blender crashed on me and it wasn’t save so I lost it.

This is a trophy truck so all I need is the outside body and the roll cage.
:grin::yum::hushed::shushing_face::no_mouth::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

On the way to harvest
Not participating in the competition
Originally, there were quite a lot of thoughts. Unfortunately, because of work reasons, I had to finish it quickly. There are a lot of details that I didn’t do well. I hope you like it.
Cycles, 500 samples, denoised,

11 Likes

The Harvest Day
Just clay,
Pure,

6 Likes

Started rendering my 4k ultra high def render :grin::sweat_smile: going to take 56 hours to render lol, already did compositing on it during pre render :+1:

Whoop 9 hours of sleep in 3 days. :zombie::scream_cat::hot_face::sleeping:

" Wispering " maximum effort :superhero::cricket:

2 Likes

“Harvest Day”

non competing

I’m starting to run out of time and an approaching thunderstorm is telling me, that a mockup will have to be enough this time. :wink:

5 Likes

Out on the Field

Open entry, 1000 samples. Did this in 2.80. I did 0 modeling for this. Took from:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Agriculture-of-Tomorrow.Green-Housed.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Fantastic-Greenhouse-Challenge.Glass-Cathedral.html
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Folklore.Cowbell.html

and combined into:
http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Harvest-Day.Out-on-the-Field.html

Title almost sounds like the opening to ‘shot in the dark’ by Ozzy. My brain really didn’t want to model this weekend, and I’m pretty busy with my ice cream shop challenge, few more days left.

4 Likes

JackPot - High Harvest Day

Open Entry

Didnt have more time to work on this so I had to crop the image and finish it like this. Made the textures in Photoshop, did everything else in Blender

4 Likes

The Reds

Open entry, oil painting effect and touch up done in GIMP. Rendered with Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures.

Raw render :

4 Likes