Challenge #840 (26/07/19) Entries CLOSED

I don’t think i can get much done this time. Maybe i will make something quick, but other life related stuff takes priority.

1 Like

Just do what you can it’s not like your getting a prize or anything it’s all in good fun and you can post your image in your CGI folder if you have one, I post all my work on my Facebook page. :grin::+1:
I like to show what I can accomplish in 5 days. :grin:

I might sit down one day and do a serious sculpt and not run through it like I do everything else because I created some really good shaders and created really poor models lately to show the shaders. :no_mouth::unamused::grimacing:.
I use make human for a base to work off of to sculpt onto some times other times I use my personal base model to sculpt on but you always need a starting point when sculpting. :grin:

Industrial Mechanization

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, free style, Radarr ($)

Awesome theme. I love hard surface modeling. All the gears manually built. Actually all new geometry in this render. The textures are images from my back yard. Also first project from my newly received repaired computer. My new computer decided to self combust after 4 months. After new motherboard, hard drive, and processor, hopefully good as new.

7 Likes

I got a good laugh out of my dad a few minutes ago.
I showed him my custom interactive shader and he was in shock he thought the model was real. :grin:
He said don’t show it to anyone or they will still it, lol. :grin:
I told him that noone can still it, because I’m the first to post it. Lol

which by law since my post is the first its legaly my shader to sell, lease or let use free for testing purposes. :wink:
So if I let you use it it’s under my own terms. :grin:

I was going to let 5 people use it for testing so I can get feedback on it, flyingbanana, Helge, David Speer, fcharr, and olg if you want to try it. :grin:

@Midnightcpu Have you checked out this procedural skin shader before by any chance?

1 Like

Nope, from what I can see there are shaders missing. :grin:
Mine started out way different. Lol :grin:
You will see when I send you the image of the shaders.
You will be surprised at some of the nodes. :grin::sweat_smile:

“Industrial Revolution”

PURE

Cycles, 1000 Samples

4 Likes

Orbital

Going to enter this as ‘open’ entry. All objects were made in Blender, but not fully textured, so would like to put handicap because of that (even if it’s technically can still be inside ‘pure’ category).

Felt too tired to do detailing on the whole objects/scene eventhough I wanted it so I’ll just leave it be. Maybe I will reuse/revamp the spaceship model later. Blender 2.8, Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures.

6 Likes

Well, I ended up with something at least (done in about 45 minutes):

Abandoned Power Plant
Pure, Competing

This image is based off an urban exploration video by The Proper People. It is an abandoned nuclear power plant which never got completed.

Here is the reference. (4:42 in the video)

4 Likes

“Sprawl”
Non competing.

5 Likes

Part of the reason I made the shader is because I liked your fairy, I though it would look good with a life like shader. :grin:
And I’m letting you guys test it, because your all at different levels and I like your work. :grin:

I haven’t made it, it’s pretty elaborate, and I see it used the density attribute, so I assume it’s to be used with cycles smoke? DO you have any renders, why not post a blend?

Lol, ya I’m rendering an animation right now 250 frames it’s half way through.
the density is for the body no smoke the human body has density and light falloff in and on it, I was using the density to make the body volume thicker so light can’t go throught to much.
The color ramp that’s attached to the sss on the right… The color on the right goes all the way to the right, the number for the sss on the left controls the two colors with it every color has an effect or shoulld.
I could make a blend file if you think it will be easier.
if you go to much on one color it will over power the other colors.
It works in cycles and eevee both. :grin::+1:

@Midnightcpu What fairy are you talking about?

The one for one of the WC a while back ago that’s about the time I started making the shader

Can’t say that I remember that one. lol

Good to return after a bit of a break :slight_smile:

I’ve been spending more free time writing and playing guitar these days, but I’ll be checking in and participating in WCs when I get the chance.

I’ve also been experimenting with / adapting to Blender 2.8. Eventually I’ll make the jump from 2.79. Fun times!

RobertT

2 Likes

you play guitar :slight_smile:

what do you think of my guitar chord app?

http://scripts.franciscocharrua.com/javascript/guitar-chords/
http://scripts.franciscocharrua.com/javascript/guitar-chords/chords.html

1 Like

Clone Your Lover

Non-competing (pure). Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

I’m slowly trying to learn how to make robotic joints. Also, this week I practiced more procedural mesh generation, relying a lot on modifiers like screw and boolean.

My entry is loosely based on the song “Clone Your Lover” from the industrial rock band Zeromancer:

It is supposed to be a robot under construction, that’s why it is lacking a face or fingers. It is totally not because I was too lazy to model those things, no. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

“Smog, Smoke and no clouds. That’s Industry!!!” - Unknown

Pure, EEVEE

Transitioning to 2.8 and decided to see what the EEVEE fuss was about. Conclusions: Its a good visualization, quick and cost effective rendering tool but personally it doesn’t suit my workflow.

I checked out its volumetrics, how it handles material transparency, a few post processing effects and light probes.

Can anyone suggest, what more could one explore regarding EEVEE?

6 Likes