Challenge #847 (13/09/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #847 for Friday 13th of September 2019 is:

dance

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Sep 16, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Pose Strike

no tutorials, no models! going pure this week :slight_smile:

this week’s fuel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSUY9RvoXlg

almost forgot:

Pure entry: 2000 samples.

7 Likes

Hydrogen - First Dance

Pure entry, Evee render. I’m busy this weekend, but this concept (the first hydrogen atom created after the Big Bang) wouldn’t let go of my brain. Things I did for this that I’ve never done before: texture painting in Blender (the electron’s trail) and compositing (added a bit of blur, thanks Millani). 5x3 aspect ratio, composition is Harmonious Triangles.

6 Likes

@KickAir_8P that’s a cool idea, I like it :slight_smile:
@Le_Pirate has personally challenged me to step up, and I’m not one to ignore that… I can’t promise I’ll enter, as it’s move-in week at my university and things are crazy, but I’ll be darned if I’m not going to try!

3 Likes

Ice Dancing

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, filmic, freestyle, hdri lighting, Paintshop Pro for vignette and name

First thing that popped into my head. Stylized ice carvings in an ice cavern. Very simple and quick but I think pretty. Four point lights of different colors to create the highlights. The figures are very similar but different: male, female.

14 Likes

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: Woo Whooo sieze the day my friend.

I’m glad I’ll have time to tackle this over the weekend. This will prove challenging I think. Thanks for the great prompt!

@fcharr Have you ever tried using a circle with 6 or 8 vertices instead of extruding a square to make a person? Even with subdivisions, the square still looks very blocky, but a circle with 8 vertices looks like a circle.

With LoopTools you can turn four adjacent faces into a circle and use it to extrude arms and such.

2 Likes

I’ve pretty much adopted a ‘all roads lead to Rome’ approach :wink:

6 Likes

pure - eevee render

6 Likes

@KickAir_8P I know you said you don’t have much time, but if you want you can get rid of that sharp edge between the bright sphere and the background by using the blur node in the compositor.
Something like this:

You’ll probably get much better results by using your render instead of the jpg.

2 Likes

And that would be another thing I’ve never done before in Blender – I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

1 Like

Anti-gravity lean
Pure - Eevee

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie :smiley:

9 Likes

Pole dancer

I guess it’s Open because I’ve used existing female body. Everything else made myself.

Here’s reference image: https://imgur.com/a/qo1vLMI
Here’s source: download

I guess most interesting thing is waves with reflection and refraction at the same time

My computer is on fire ;(

6 Likes

Skyward Waltz

Pure entry. Cycles 256 samples + denoising + compositing, procedural textures, lighting/BG using sun lamp + HDRI.

12 Likes

Clefs’ bouncing
Pure - cycles 256 samples

8 Likes

Took a while to figure out why the compositor wouldn’t work (I didn’t have Use Nodes checked), then I had to adjust the backdrop’s and quarks’ materials to compensate for the brightening effect. And I went for a more subtle glow than your demo. But yeah, that helped, thanks!

1 Like

pure - space dance

with eevee and filmic

5 Likes

Ballerina
Pure, all made in blender except the card image.

PS, could someone help me with those weird spots on my globe?:worried:

this is with 1000 samples without denoising

8 Likes