Challenge #853 (25/10/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #853 for Friday 25th of October 2019 is:

below the ground

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Oct 28, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pure - eevee render - blender 2.80

3 Likes

Who knows what those crazy worms below the ground are up to…

pure entry

12 Likes

Living Free

1000 samples, minor correction.

because the rent’s never due :wink:

Pure Entry, 1500 samples, cutting it close.

2 Likes

“below the ground”

All the best,
Damien

6 Likes

pure
“Revealed”

15 Likes

Not an entry, couldn’t do anything this weekend.

Ant organized into different parts, time to start refining, make a few different castes (soldier, worker, scout etc)

3 Likes

Getting limbo vibes :smile:

1 Like

Cave of the Giant Black Widow spiders

Non-Competing

Cycles, 5000 samples, Dynamic paint physics, Graswald ($), re-used spider model, everything else is new

2 Likes

Love the theme, didn’t knew right away what to do with it, and after some failures I came up with this:

Pure, 25 samples + intel denoiser. Hope u like it!

Nice Surprise

wire;

6 Likes

“And Next ?”
Pure Evee (except the halo made under photoshop)

I recently discovered the work of Roman Klčo and I really like this kind of “mini world”. So, I was inspired directly.

7 Likes

Here’s my entry, didn’t get where I wanted with it. I wanted to get in some character work this week but sadly I had a lot of schoolwork and it interrupted my efforts.

Unclaimed Throne
Pure

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Have been silently watching for a while and decided to take part finally :smiley: These challenges seem like a very good way to learn without allowing my overcommitting issue to take over :stuck_out_tongue:

“Horror below the ground”
Pure, Cycles (only placed logo with image editor) !

4 Likes

Unearthing the Chaos

Non-competing but pure. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures, compositing in Blender, level correction with GIMP.

Dead Space fan art, featuring the Marker relic, made from plane object with solidify + array + simple deform (twist & taper) modifier.

2 Likes

Welcome, nice to have you here. Do i see an ostrich? lovely idea.

Pure, Cycles

8 Likes

Thank you, nice to be here! Yes indeed there is an Ostrich there :smiley: :smiley: i have to credit my gf for helping me favor that idea over another one i had (yes the other one had an Ostrich as well :P)

2 Likes

Non-competing. DC Metro

There were supposed to be trains but they weren’t working out for me. The whole project was biting off more than I can chew really but it was educational.

4 Likes

Suzanne Underground

Pure entry

2.81 beta, Eevee render (64 samples with AI denoising), 960x540 aspect ratio, composition is Harmonious Triangles. Can’t say there’s anything I did for this that I’ve never done before.

20191028SuzanneUnderground003.blend (668.1 KB)

I hate my computer. It crashed right after I pressed ctrl+s to save. Now all I have is an empty .blend file. :frowning:

No way I’m going to start something from scratch now…