Challenge #854 (01/11/19) Entries CLOSED

CHANGE OF MIND

Pure Entry

10 Likes

I modeled a new chameleon for this round in order to take the necessary screen shots. But as soon as the weekend is over, I’ll let it play with its ancestors from #748 “Fractals”. :wink:

7 Likes

That was the second contest I ever entered!

“Squishy”

This render makes almost no sense.

11 Likes

a very blue entry :wink:

Subtitle: “I’ll be back…” - Suzanne, Blender 26.93c

2.81. Cycles. Pure (Except for extensive editing of a certain monkey that shipped with blender.)
This was a fun little project for the weekend playing with the Boolean modifier and the shader for that glowing red eye.

8 Likes

“Changes” Pure
change

8 Likes

Keep Your Coins

Pure entry. Graffiti texture was made in Gimp, everything else in Blender with procedural textures.

I saw this play on words once and I thought it was bloody clever.

11 Likes

Pure Entry - “Pears of Wisdom”

3 Likes

Here’s my non-competing entry:

PERMUTATIONS

Pure Blender 2.80.

Please click or tap image (once or twice) to view at full resolution.

RobertT

7 Likes

Great to see you (non) competing again! :slight_smile:
Nice one!

2 Likes

Thanks, Helge! :smiley:

Among many other things, I’ve been competing elsewhere in a different medium.

RobertT

2 Likes

Your entry has a strong message, I really like it.

On the technical end how did you achieve the procedural missing tiles, I’ve been trying to step up procedural game and also want to go for a missing tile shader. I had difficulties getting the effect and asked on Node value not correctly read by bump - #6 by Le_Pirate

I got it to improve a bit from the advice I received but your result is much better particularly the walls on the sides.

1 Like

Thanks!

I “cheated” by using a particle system. Each tile is a mesh, and I made a grid with missing vertices to emit the particles.

But in your case I think you could use the different colours of the bricks to decide whether it should be missing or not. It seems like a fun thing to try when I get back home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh I see still very clean particle setup, sure ill wait BTW are you participating in nodevemeber?

(not an entry)

Tiles-01.blend (967.9 KB)

This is what I came up with. The whole thing is procedural: I used displacement for the geometry of the tiles.

And sorry for the mess with the nodes. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, you’ll probably find some random node groups that I put on by default blend file and which are irrelevant for the tiles.

2 Likes

This is very helpful, I was doing quite a bit of unnecessary stuff in my setup this has cleared a bunch of things up for me. Thanks a lot @Millani :+1:

1 Like

Maybe not the prettiest but certainly the cleverest conecpt.

1 Like