Challenge #854 (01/11/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #854 for Friday 1st of November 2019 is:

Changes

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Nov 4, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes… ♫♩

1 Like

David? Is that you?

1 Like

We all undergo changes.

Pure entry

Eevee render. Used texture painting for the first time and stenciled on some details to the pod. Procedural texture for the tree and an image for leaves. simple butterfly texture on a bent plane and a hdri for background.

14 Likes

615 000 tris, pure, eevee render, blender 2.80

4 Likes

Change in Light

Non-competing

Cycles, 5000 samples, HDRI lighting, contrast enhanced externally

Flint rock light, candle light, light bulb, light saber

12 Likes

Hmmm, my bible is the book of changes ( I Tjing, I Ching). I suppose very suitable. Not sure if I can make time fore it. I hope.

You wish.
Pure, eeevee

AROooooo!

16 Likes

WIP, decided to take note of all the countries who are striving for change in my entry.

6 Likes

States
Pure

6 Likes

Nice theme, I started with something that ended in a night scene. its called Work In Progress. Hope u like it!

7 Likes

Faster, Deadlier, Stealthier

Non-competing. Cycles 256 samples + denoising, procedural textures, HDRI background from HDRIhaven, some minor corrections in GIMP.

7 Likes

A Work in Progress

Open entry, 2000 samples. Decided to go meta on this one, by exploring some of my past work. The only new models are the wooden floor, the TV (without the texture), and the table.

Started out as a pure entry showing that technology changed. As I got more ambitious and lazy, it became about how my art has changed and it became open. It’s a work in progress.

7 Likes

“Change The Locale”
Cycles 300 samples, procedural textures, Blender compositing.

9 Likes

ok i dont even need to vote.the sheep doing the big bad wolf?
gold! absolute gold!

1 Like

Seasonal changes.

Pure entry.

The tree and the grass were done in Blender. The backplate was rendered with Terragen 4 (demo version) - final composition done in Krita.

16 Likes

Thank you! I believe there is also some very good entries here.

Spent more time than was probably necessary on this and I definitely did not fit in all the details I wanted but here it is and I’m proud of it.

Nothing Permanent but Change
Pure

6 Likes

“Keep Changing”

non competing (pure), cycles (256 samples), compositor!, blender 2.81

12 Likes

It feels as if I knew that chameleon from somewhere… :thinking: