Challenge #859 "Futuristic Architecture" (06/12/19) Entries CLOSED

Theme #859 for Friday 6th of December 2019 is:

Futuristic Architecture

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Dec 9, 2019 10:30 PM)

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.
For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

nice theme!

1 Like

Oh man, I have an idea already. Not sure if I can really afford the time on it though :frowning:

WHOA, BOY…
just wait for me…

My vision might be too ambitious this week but I’m definitely going to take a shot at it…

1 Like

Whatever you wish for

Pure, Cycles, Blender 2.82

2 Likes

The Crystal Lounge

Pure entry, 1000 samples.

1 Like

Pure - eevee render - blender 2.81

I’ll start on my entry Saturday might not get it finished will have to try and finish it in one day have to work on sunday

Sunflower City

5 Likes

Strange cause the image in the thread posting is a broken image but if you click it then it opens. Even a right click and open in new tab gives a BlenderArtists “Ooops That page doesn’t exist” Nice concept!

2 Likes

Seems to be an issue with the website after trying to update my image…

Eevee Pure Competing.

Totally ripped from Kubric.

5 Likes

Hmmm. image problem, updated mine after a failed upload.

Spaceship Earth

Non-competing

Cycles, 3000 samples, denoiser, Generate Plates ($), Nebula generator ($), reused spaceships from previous WC.

Early arrival of the edge of the Andromeda Galaxy caused our sun to burn through its fuel in 1000 years. A 1000 years of technology advancement allowed us to search for a new sun courtesy of spaceship Earth and the futuristic architecture that allowed us to survive the coldness of deep space.

5 Likes

just leaving a hint:

2 Likes

Somehow I made a giant flying taco… yummy.

WIP

EDIT: hmmm it looks like the image got cropped, gotta click on it to view the whole image, and zoom level (100/75/50%) doesn’t work… * shrugs *

3 Likes

"Cydonia Mensae (Mars)"

non competing (pure), cycles (128 samples + denoising) (Inspired by Mesa Verde Cliff Palace)

9 Likes

Tall Generic Skycraper - Cycles 1000 samples + AI denoising (2.81) - Pure

Inspired by this pinterest image https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/215469163409514886/ and is at least my 5th attempt at making a sky scraper, slowly getting better but really struggled with colour and lighting.

7 Likes

Really nice, do you have any references on how yo made the sandstone?