Challenge #870 "Atmospheric" (21/02/20) Entries CLOSED

I see many cats on pillows :smiley: Hihi

1 Like

You’ve obviously been having fun :wink: hihi

That really is !! How or are you associated with that project/video ?? I was an automotive machinist for the first 14 years of my adult working career.

That video is nothing to do with me, just an admirer.
This is the one which first caught my eye (so not long ago)

My Dad served his apprenticeship as a machinist and I’m from Sheffield, UK, so we have a history. I’m half taking it up so my Dad has something to keep enthused about. I did use a CNC mill when at school, but it was way to expensive to get into, now, its relatively cheap. I built a 3D printer, then tried to put on a small router, then realised I needed to beef it up, then never looked back…

My background is more architecture and interior design with a keen interest in programming, also getting back into electronics, love my ESP32’s… But early life was refurbishing heavy plant machinery, with a little manual machining.

1 Like

Here’s my favourite machinist legend if you not seen…
https://www.youtube.com/user/featony/videos

1 Like

Where did this thread go?

They Came Overnight

Non-competing (pure)

I screwed up a bit my time planning, had to rush a lot in the end. But it ended up pretty ok.

4 Likes

Heck ya. :v::grin:

I’m in school right now can’t do anything right now with the render. :grin:

“Mysteries of the Woods”
Open

6 Likes

With one minute left :grimacing:
I didn’t have time to write that it’s open because trees are from an adoon (the sapling tree gen) and the deer is a cutout from a stock photo xd
Definetly didn’t have time to actually get to a point where I’m happy with the result, I uploaded straight out of rendering. Tere are some wierd ass artifacts in and around the pond, there are more figures in the background but I didn’t have time to actually test if they were visible or not xd
I will give it some more work in my own time, but this will have to do for the WC :smiley:
Have a good week Everyone!

well actually thinkin about it, it kinda gives to the spookiness of these figures xd they are there, you just can’t see them xd

Blame me, I have a habit of starting conversations in the Weekend Challenge :nerd_face:

I guess we use the same preset to generate the trees. :wink:
But I was lazier: I just generated one tree and duplicated the rest.

This time I had a lot of business so I am not participating, yet I wish to put my entry (not competing) because I thught it was a funny idea.
If you know the movie Spaceballs, this is where I took inspiration. Pure and rendered in Cycles.
Cheers

6 Likes

You know what’s even funnier? We use the exact same phrasing here in Germany… strange :joy:

Great idea btw, I love it!

1 Like