Challenge #873 (13/03/20) Entries CLOSED

It’s written “cat” in Chinese

Hi! I hope I’m not too late! I chose Bob from Animal Crossing because New Horizons will be out soon and the memes about Bob are pretty funny. I don’t know if it fits with the “funny” part of funny cats though :sweat_smile:

Pure, eevee, edits done in the compositor (is that right? I’m sorry if it isn’t)

1 Like

For Leaves

Gotta go… wish I’d started earlier… She turned into a rat! Glad didn’t start with a T pose as didn’t have time to rig and pose, or add fur… Logo is a quick addition and way too big and just a block of mesh… May add to this later this week

5 Likes

Apurration

Non-competing (pure). I used Gimp to extend the background (I mean, what is the point of rendering white pixels?), everything else with Blender.

I initially wanted to do something more complicated combining both themes, but then I realized I don’t even know how to properly make a cat, nevermind a complicated scene with cats.

3 Likes

@Millani Hey, it’s not impossible! I noticed a bit of irony in this week’s theme and wanted to make a play on it. Here’s my entry:

The Tower
(Open, 2.79b Cycles)

I’m aiming for surrealism. What do you think?

3 Likes

I really like the colours and overall composition, even though I don’t get it at all!

My initial idea involved huge cats and the need to “reduce” them, but that was too complicated for me. :smiley: