Challenge #878 "Aircraft / air vehicle" (17/04/20) Entries CLOSED

My Entry…

• Tribute: Don’t forget the past…
    Pure - Cycles, 64 samples, all textures (aside from ground sculpting) are procedural, de-noise from the AI Denoise Node in the compositing tab.
    Based on Sam+Shere’s Photograph. Rather then creating the scene at the air field, mine takes place in a desert.
    Wish i was better at Blender to do a render like this justice, no disrespect intended.
    Want to try and keep the black and white feel like the real images. Used two simulations; fire and cloth. Cloth for parts of the Zeppelins skin, wanted it to peal away near the explosion but didn’t really succeeded with that. Along with the black and white i also wanted some noise/grain so i followed a compositions node “film grain” by: youtube ‘cgvirus’ and also added a mix node for the AI De-noiser to make it a little grity. Couldn’t resists trying to make this Black and White render also color so while in the compositing tab i did a little animation to go B&W to color. Pretty sure this is the first submission of mine where i didn’t use any downloaded textures. Everything is procedural with some ground sculpting. Also tried out the cameras DOF.

Rendering a Black & White to Color animation now, will post that as my submission once its complete and uploaded. If something goes wrong with the animation, the B&W render below will be my submission.

4 Likes