Challenge #878 "Aircraft / air vehicle" (17/04/20) Entries CLOSED

Your pc probably loved this one :o

Cut it close to the deadline. I didn’t have much time again but another attempt at something.
Pure, competing.
Tittle: Oh NO!

2 Likes

Pure - in my lovely Cycles - 256 Samples + Denoising in 4K

DIVA’s Flapping Drone and the Magic Wild wildfire

A wildfire started in the Magic Wild Forest ‘cause of a big drought days ago. Every organism was killed except for the most resilient ones, like some fungus. DIVA aircraft company decided to help by sending thousands of Flapping Drones, that mimic birds’ natural sound, to explore the field and try to create a plan that could mitigate the damage.

Just another quadcopter render, except for a little twist: this one is a Flapping Drone.

Took five hours to render because, as i said last week, my GPU died working, while rendering… </3
My goal today is try to make a cleaner render, test more materials, use smoke and create burnt grass.

You know what’s funny? i actually have every single piece of hardware i used here, so, i might be able to build one of those drones, that would be awesome!

Amazing work, though, love you all! :heart:

7 Likes

@SHADOWSTORM For sure this was a well planned scene. I like it, quite creative!

…i always get defeated by my brain saying “It should be more scientifically accurate” and end up with something of this world :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How did you do your panel paint lines if you don’t mind me asking?

When i saw that the theme form this week was Aircraft i smiled i screamed “OMG!”; past week i thought before i went to sleep “i wish the theme for next week is ‘aircraft’ or something like that”

… I think many of us liked the idea of making aircrafts… everyone wanna fly (? haha

1 Like

Pure Blender 2.8.2

Here my entry this weekend…

4 Likes

Da Vinci Helicopter

Non-competing (pure). Everything made in Blender using procedural textures.

I don’t understand a thing about aircrafts, so I decided to just take a simple one as a reference. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haha, yeah, my drone was actually based on Da Vinci’s ornithopter.
Nice job, tbh

1 Like

Here’s my entry:

VENTIFACTS

A literal interpretation of the theme: air-crafted rocks (about ventifacts).

Pure Blender 2.82a, Cycles, only procedural textures.

RobertT

6 Likes

That thing is Awesome! Lots of little details through out the shop too, great scene.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :smiley: Don’t look too closely at those tools though, they are very… hastily done

1 Like

You actually made me look closely at them :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Too late :wink:
Still… its a really cool scene with lots of ideas and details, chain on bike, miter gears, sprockets, extra garage door and light down there, looks like a speaker on top of peg board, shit in cabinet, tire under bench… for a weekend challenge, its cool !

1 Like

It’s basically just shrinkwrapped plane objects. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Piper Archer II

Pure. Cycles.

I’ve always wanted to do her…

4 Likes

Spacecraft B3-Suzanne

Pure entry, Eevee Render.

3 Likes