• Millani
  • Jerebou
  • Bleepy
  • Watndit
  • catblue44
  • SHADOWSTORM
  • fcharr

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, May 20, 2020 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:
ba-feature-20200525-wc

Pure Entries

Levito: Ancient Ones

Joshua_Alvarado: Archaeology

david.speer: Beneath The Waves

Vampy_monkey: ANCIENTS!

_jb4x: The haunting one

Canadian: Ancient One

beau11: Temple of The Ancient

BradGames: Ancient Pizza

didierv: Moai

Euthonix: Ancient Ones

3dnotguru: Ancestor

RobertT: WHAT THE ORACLE SAID (“SOCRATES, THE WISE”)

TheRandomGames: Golden monkey

Millani: Quetzalcoatl

Jerebou: Phonautograph

Bleepy: Ancient Ones

Watndit: Nofretete

catblue44: Outfox

Open Entries

SHADOWSTORM: Ancient legend

(all made by me on blender, post processing done on gimp. marked as “open” since the entire background is just a photo collage.)

fcharr: Metal Gods

(Open entry, 1000 samples. The human model is from my ongoing CG boost challenge, steampunk gear. The entire stage is taken from previous WC entries: http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Music.The-Lighted-Stage.html, http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Fade-to-Grey.Piano.html, and http://blender-weekends.franciscocharrua.com/Everything-Louder-than-Everything-Else.Wall-of-Sound.html (1st place winner).)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Nergal - Ancient One

T1chy: Ancient gardener

Helge: Wakey! Wakey!

So many amazing artworks! i just can’t decide… uwu

Rooting for a 4 way tie!

1 Like

a few notes about my entry: The guitar player has a pick between his thumb and index finger. you can’t really see it but it’s there. I thought it would be funny to make the drummer wear no pants, making him a crazy guy like Keith Moon of the Who.

2 Likes

Another note about @fcharr’s entry: The singers hand gesture (mano cornuta) was popularized in heavy metal by Ronnie James Dio who (unfortunately) died May 16, 2010. Exactly ten years before fcharr submitted his entry.

4 Likes

I didn’t believe it myself. I went back to check, the entry is dated May 16 at about 10:00 PM. My decision to pose him like that was whimsical. I was thinking of Rob Halford kicking the phone… Truly daunting :metal: :open_mouth:

To be honest, I wasn’t aware of the fact but as soon as my local radio station went into full Dio-mode, I knew something was going on. Has it really been ten years? I would have bet money on you placing the reference on purpose. :metal: :wink:

1 Like

Is the drummer without pants also a reference to something? :smiley:

You know what, if it is, I’d rather not know…

no, it’s just a vague reference to your run of the mill crazy drummer :wink:

I know that kind of drummers…

And this one even still has his pants on. :wink:
3 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 882 with votes from 41.7% of the voters is… Millani!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Quetzalcoatl

7 Likes

Congrats Millani on beating my 3 picks Robert, Beau, and Canadian. I was so close to being the last in line this week. That would have been too much :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Congrats Millani! It was such a fun challenge. I can’t wait for next weekend :). Thanks to everyone who voted and got involved.

1 Like

@Millani, Congrats on the win! Great textures!

1 Like

@Millani congrats ma man!!, good work, I will try winning the next time :wink:

1 Like

Awesome work @Millani, congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone! I hope you’ll enjoy the next theme!

Great work @Millani, can’t wait for next theme :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What a pity. Now, you will probably never know if you’re evil or divine. Better luck next time. I guess, the thrill of just the chase will be worth the pain.

Here you go: Alchemy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats @Millani

1 Like