Challenge #896 "surrealism" (21/08/20) Entries CLOSED

Theme #896 for Friday 21th of August 2020 is:

surrealism

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Aug 24, 2020 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Salvador

open (reused previous entry)

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, chance to burn my cpu down with mass of crazy modifiers. :smiley:

4 Likes

Have so many ideas, no clue how to narrow these down.

You could sort them by the time it would take to finish the project. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Open entry (flags are textures)
News Overdose

Finished! It’s probably WIP, I’m not sure yet, really done for today. Originally I wanted to fill the middle area as well, and there is no compositor yet. Well, two more days left, we’ll see!

Update:
Ok, couldn’t keep my hands out of the EEVEE toybox, so there is some bloom and DoF now :slight_smile: Also, changed font, and had some fun in compositor. This time I dared to dig into “Color Correction”-node, the one with the big grid of sliders. I love it!
Still not sure what to do with the left/right areas of the middle. I think I will keep it as is, though. Time to try an unusual composition.

4 Likes

Not calling dibs, just letting y’all know that I’m working on The Persistence of Suzanne .

Or I could combine them all into one scene and regret it later!

1 Like

Make a moodbord that always helps to narrowed it down for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

ENTRY. Pure. everything in blender. Outsourced textures

4 Likes

The Persistence of Suzanne

Open entry, Cycles render, 32 samples & compositor denoising in 2.90.0 beta. Composition is from the work this parodies (Dali’s The Persistence of Memory, a famous surrealist work), 33x24 aspect ratio, 70mm camera. Open because I included the Sutherland Team’s 1972 hand “scan” of a Volkswagen Beetle (download links) and the Stanford Bunny (res2) as two of the iconic 3D test models used. Can’t say I did anything for this that I’ve never done before, but using a cloth modifier to drape Suzanne (twice) was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be.

Persistence_of_Suzanne_035.blend (4.4 MB)

11 Likes

Blender inside Brain

Open entry

7 Likes

Pretentious Morsel of Trife

Open enrty: 1000 samples. I was going to enter it as pure, but I had to ask meself: Can I create 3 master pieces in one sitting? Alas the answer to that question was a resounding nay. The textures were found somewhere in my collection of master pieces.

5 Likes

PURE “no title”

Cycles 256s

6 Likes

Pack of balloon dogs

Pure entry made in Cycles rendered at 1024 samples. The model was made using the skin modifier mainly.

8 Likes

I am really interested to understand how you created this! Would love to talk.

Puzzle.

Open entry. I found the human model somewhere on the internet.

3 Likes

what exactly ? this is lazy work … 2 planes and modifier, blender logo is still a displacement with vertex weight proximity (Ducky 3d Tutorial) the tower Hair Particle with glas shader and Blue or Orange lights on the top and weight paint

1 Like

I’d love to see a slightly brighter version of this!

1 Like

“Stuck in the Middle”

non competing (pure), Cycles (adaptive sampling, 512 samples), Blender 2.91

16 Likes

“Checkpoint at the edge of nowhere”

Open, Eevee, the model for the food stand is a reuse from an earlier project

11 Likes