Challenge #897 "Gears" (28/08/20) Entries CLOSED

Great work.
Would be funny if you put a light in the left lampstyle gear and place a litte reading spring in a chair next to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Geared up for Romance
(My first ever entry) - Open

9 Likes

First I took a photo of my keyboard from above, For the basic Dimension.
Then I made holes in it with boolean.
Then I put the buttons on,t 43 Text box for the letters and numbers in the right place I made them all into one object extrude and boolean

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Whz there is two Z-kezs on zour kezboard?? :))
Honestly, first I thought omfg a german layout but with easy accessible brackets, I need this!

Yeah its a Limited misprint…Very valuable🤫

2 Likes

open entry “gear driven eye”
cycles 512
used substance painter for texturing.

8 Likes

Jack Clockwork

Non-competing (pure).

Once upon a time, an ancient civilization built a great clock. They also built a robot, known as Jack Clockwork, to ensure that the clock would keep working even without human intervention.
The civilization disappeared under mysterious circumstances, but Jack kept maintaining the clock, counting the sunrises that the civilization will never see.

9 Likes

“Glass Clock”

Pure, I used a texture from cc0textures.com for the ground but modeled all by myself.
I used the gear object that comes with blender, never used that before.
Rendered in cycles with 100 samples.

6 Likes

First im like “uhh He comes to work” :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Then I read the Story and im like “oaww He comes to work” :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I saw this contest 30 minutes before closing and thought I’d have a stab at making something in that time. Here’s the result. Pure I think.

First time entering. Please forgive the lack of quality, given the time constraint. Hope I got submitted in time! :laughing:

5 Likes

The Welder :slight_smile:
Pure, everything made in blender, rendered in cycles.

6 Likes

Only a few weeks until we enter the 900th weekend - and this thing seems to be very much alive!
Welcome on board. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It must be the time of the year. My very first entry was also this weekend 3 years ago!

2 Likes

With the way I do my work it’s all pure unless I decide to go outside blender which is very rare.
When I started blender I watched like 3,000 tutorials in a year which was mind bending at times.
I would get frustrated and quit for a little while then go back at it again I never gave up though. :grin:
After 11 years of working with blender I have created my own node groups and used the compositor in ways it was never meant to be used and shared most of my work with the WC group. :grin::sweat_smile:
The truth is inspiration derives from all recources… tutorials, images and so on.
We as artists have created many works in which we can be or are proud of. :grin:

1 Like