1 Like

Title: The bringer of Death

Pure

I went with idea three.

3 Likes

USS LongShot

Non-competing

Evee, Blender 2.90.1, 128 samples, $ addons: Plating and Greebles, Hull texture

Space Destroyer USS Longshot test firing it rail canon (death ray) on decayed comm relay.

First free weekend in a while. Decided to go back to school after feeling my old noggin getting a bit sluggish. Going to school for VFX in movies and animation. Knee deep in Maya, NukeX, Photoshop and hopefully soon in Zbrush but missing Blender. About 3 hours to make scene and 45 minutes to render in Evee.

Amazing entries as always.

4 Likes

Scythe Dreadnaught

Cycles, Pure

2 Likes

Ray

Pure

7 Likes

Rain of Death

Non-competing. A quick entry using EEVEE and volumetric, post-pro with GIMP.

4 Likes

Microwave Radiation
Pure, competing

3 Likes

“Laser Dance”

Pure, Eevee, Blender 2.90, All compositing in Blender

Really quick entry here. Didn’t care with modelling, sculpted the whole thing. Thanks to @KickAir_8P for reminding me of the harmonious triangle composition! Looks super dramatic as compared to other compositions.

Edit: Added some flames to the jets

7 Likes

Tesla’s death ray…

PURE

4 Likes

Yours came out way better than mine man!

I enjoyed making the character for my entry. I was going for a, Dennis the menace, Just William, Mad Magazine, kid…but ended up with one a little to close to my son!

3 Likes

Thank You. It would have been better if I had more time. Unfortunately my computer didn’t want to cooperate with me and render every version of image for very long time :wink:

1 Like

I thought you were going for Sid from Toy Story!

screenshot.2020-09-29 10.20.30

It’s still amazing to me that some people can get a good human figure (in your case a whole human figure with clothing and rigging) done during the challenge timeframe! I guess with enough practice I’ll be able to do it someday, but . . . wow!

2 Likes

Only by accident. The skull T-shirt was originally going to be white, it was only when faced with a black background image to start from that I was inspired to add a skull. Sid was a possible character to include in the mix but it’s a long time since I saw Toy Story and had no visual memory of Sid. :grinning:

I was able to do it this weekend, but as you can see, it came at the expense of quality :stuck_out_tongue: I need more practice.