Challenge #911 "Adventure" (04/12/20) Entries CLOSED

Puss in boots
Pure, eevee 128 samples,
Quick mix (<2 hours) of low poly, procedural displacement and a shadow cut of a puss in boots picture. All made in blender.

2 Likes

Lookin’ good – is it Pure or Open?

I hope that I can compete with this. A lot of the models were generated. So I guess it should be categorized as Open.

Open, Cycles, 64 samples, NLM denoise
“A Boy Out for Adventure”

Modified character model named Ty from Mixamo
Rocks made with rock generator
Mountains made with ANT Landscape
Tree made with sapling
Modified materials:

• Glossy Orange Wood by 19seanak19 (CC-0)
  • Gold from Treasure Chest scene by Gunses (CC-0)
  • Metal-raw/MetalSurface by loranozor (CC-BY)

Render by Cycles, Blender 2.91.0
Composition by Bods

2 Likes

I’m guessing Pure. I took some texture images off the net but other than that everything was done in blender with its included addons (no outside materials or models).

1 Like

The cookie idea was really creative. Great art! Cloudman… LOL. So cool. The Suzanne render is very clean and expressive. The volumetric lighting backlit silhouette: great composition, I think this will win. Speleology: too dark. The crazy frog stands out, not exactly sure what I make of it yet, will have to ponder… The raft: I like it when an artist doesn’t hide the CG, but embraces it. Adventure is out there: wish the main central part was a bit bigger. Get Away: awesome nature parts and nice scene. RandomHowdy: also very dark, but nice mood and bloom. Puss: too dark.

The dark ones I couldn’t really see at all. I didn’t realize how much glare I was getting on my screen. If I take the computer into a darkened hallway I can see a lot more of some of these.

19 entries! It has been a while since we had that many people participating. Let’s see which adventurer makes it out of the dark and scary cave first:

1 Like

Yes, the dark ones have an disadvantage with glare monitors and also dusty ones, they tend to look bad. But they give the chance to see how dusty your screen is and get em cleaned :smiley:

2 Likes

You forgot the dusty glare combo! And lowered screen brightness for working at night. :laughing:

I’m curious, why is it called “Get away Cabin” ?

I guess, it is a cabin to get away to.

2 Likes

Maybe they were thinking like “getaway car”.

1 Like