Challenge #913 "The way to master something" (18/12/20) Entries CLOSED

Yeah, I just

1. applied the physics when they were crumpled
  2. moved a few points around with proportional 3) editing so they weren’t identical
    Rotated them to further disguise the similarity
1 Like

I’m confused – your submission’s main figure is a resculpt of something you made for an earlier WC (so before this WC’s challenge period), and you still called it pure? And according to the voting 8 people were fine with this.

Although it takes me a while, I can model & rig a humanoid base mesh – if tweaking it during the WC timeframe got me legitimately pure entries I’d have full-bodied Suzannes every other week! :monkey_face:

The character did not exist before the challenge. It is a new object. A cube can be turned into a dice or a brick these would be new objects. On this weeks challenge I did create my monster from scratch starting by skinning some verts, sculpting, retopologising, baking normals, painting and rigging, people don’t seem to think much of my efforts. Have a look at dikko on youtube. He creates a basemesh female and then reuses it to make a male. From now on I will create everything from scratch.

Or call it open – no reason not to when that’s what it is. I’m asking not as some kind of subtle accusation but to inform my understanding of a vague ruleset that I have a hard time wrapping my autistic brain around. Have I misunderstood the pure/open categories? Can I get more into my pure entries with a little early prep that I mistakenly thought would make them open?

I think everyone has their own interpretation of the rules. I my case if I have mearly cut and pasted a blender object from one project into the new one as an asset, that would be open. If I take one object and turn it into a new one, that would be pure. But I’m happy to tighten up my interpretation of the rules.

1 Like

I doubt anyone’s interested but I have tinkered with my entry for this challenge to make something I’m a happier with as a final piece. Still almost entirely pure apart from the pictures in the background.

I not entirely sure why the previous chair was a torture device (straight back, no cuve, too low) But hopefully this is better.

2 Likes