Challenge #920 "Fantastic machine or vehicle" (05/02/21) Entries CLOSED

Technically, it closed about an hour ago. :wink:
Do you think Cycles will make it within the next ~30 minutes?

not quite. more like a hour to 2. probably wise to let this entry like this, for voting purposes. Iā€™ll still post the final version, tho.

All right, Iā€™ll I shovel in some coal and bring the voting engine up to speed.

Looking forward to the Cycles version, anyways.

1 Like

So here is what Iā€™ve come up with for the final version (separated it into another post to avoid confusion):

1 Like

Oh wow. I really like the cycles version! the evee version was really good too!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a chilly birdy!

I was working on a laptop that didnā€™t have enough power to finish, I couldnā€™t even get one of the earlier renders off of it until we got power back. But thanks!

Huh! I didnā€™t realize the BlenderKit addon came with Blender. Agreeing that these are clearly pre-made models, but wondering what that means for other included addons: Iā€™ve been treating anything from Blenderā€™s included addons like Extra Objects, Boltfactory, Archimesh, and of course Suzanne, as essentially Blender primitives therefor pure, not pre-made models which would be open. Am I wrong? :flushed:

It does come with Blender - however, it is provided/maintained by the community. So it still isnā€™t part of the ā€˜officialā€™ Add-ons. :slight_smile:

I see it the same way. I donā€™t think these rather simple procedural generator add-ons should interfere with an entry being pure. There is a difference between libraries and generators. Of course, it isnā€™t always that clear and you could definitely create an add-on, which messes up this rationale. :wink:
Luckyly, Iā€™m not a lawyer (nor a cat) so I will not have sleepless nights because of this.

3 Likes