Challenge #922 "layered" (19/02/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #922 for Friday 19th of February 2021 is:

layered

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Feb 22, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: e.g.

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

I have a question about the rules.

If I’ve had an idea I’ve been meaning to get around to for a while (but hadn’t actually started) could I use that for the entry?

Sure, just go for it. If that wasn’t allowed, we’d have to erase everyone’s brains every Friday - and I don’t think I would find the time to do that. [I guess, there might be some moral and entry-quality issues as well.]

1 Like

Oh man, my first thought, the game i played at the computer store with friends in ground school, you walk over ingredients for a hamburger and they fall down to build an hamburger, which is layerd :smiley: . But i cant find it, didnt know the name of the game anymore.

Papa Burgeria maybe? That was quite fun :smiley: By the way I’m making a burger too, haven’t done any food so far so this is a good time to start.

Ogres have layers
ogres-have-layers

2 Likes

Eh, i am not that young anymore :smiley: , but searching for burger instead of hamburger does it:

Game online emulator,

1 Like

Cake

Pure entry, 1000 samples.

1 Like

“Ocean Layers”

non competing (pure), Cycles (256 samples, adaptive sampling, denoising), Blender 2.92.0rc

4 Likes

That’s ready for sashimi :smiley:

1 Like

Title: All systems go!
Entry: Pure

Rendered in Cycles with 512 samples. The modeling wasn’t that difficult, this was mostly a procedural material-fest.

2 Likes

A rocket?

Is it a coincidence that your “fuel” is the same colour as a type of real rocket fuel (RP-1)?

By Maxhaot - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=65654879

BurgerTime 3D
Pure, cycles, 512 samples, ~4 min., all made in blender except the old game cover and the cats are downloaded graphics.

He is back, and better than ever.
Peter Pepper

• in 3D
  • fully animated
  • sizzling sounds,
  • new enemies, more, levels, power-ups and online scores

It’s BurgerTime 3D.

2 Likes

yep lol but it’s more like a strawberry drink in there rather than actual fuel!

“Sphere’s Secret”

Non-competing, pure, Cycles

From nodevember day 8-layered. Single material on Suzanne

5 Likes

Earth Layers

Pure entry. Used some NASA textures for the planet, but everything else was made in Blender.

A bit cliché, but it was fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Escher Suzanne

Inspired by MC Escher’s “Peel”

Pure entry, Cycles render, 64 samples & compositor denoising in 2.91.0. Composition is Golden Sections / Phi Grid, 8x5 aspect ratio, 35mm focal length. Environment is Blender’s Nishita Sky Texture node. Thing I did for this that I’ve never done in Blender before: double-sided material, and I’m pretty sure I’ve never used a Wave Texture node for a transparency factor. I’m ridiculously happy with how this turned out, I didn’t expect the light to make the inner material pop so nicely.

EscherSuzanne015.blend (1.1 MB)

Little Treasures

Cycles, pure

5 Likes

Sometimes heart is deeply hide… but it exist…

PURE

4 Likes

Great stuff already seen above! I made something simple called Something Layered (pure).

6 Likes