Challenge #933 "Japanese vending machines" (07/05/21) Entries CLOSED

Theme #933 for Friday 7th of May 2021 is:

Japanese vending machines

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 10, 2021 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: 360° 24/7

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some additional info/inspiration from @rigoletto:

https://blog.japanesecartrade.com/types-of-japanese-vending-machines

1 Like

Some more interesting informations:

My Vending machine just got delivered! Now I need something to put into, tho’ … :thinking:

(Pure, WIP)

2 Likes

“24/7 360°”

non competing (pure), Cycles (64 samples + denoising), Blender 2.93.0 Beta

7 Likes

The poor, the rich and the hungry
non competing, pure, cycles 512 samples, render time <2min., textures painted in gimp, used the ants from a previous entry

5 Likes

Vending Machine 2049

Open. Inspired by Ian hubert’s model. Drew the hamburger in greasepencil and rendered as an image and used gimp to put the hamburger image and the text together. For the buttons and the peeled stickers I used an external image texture.

6 Likes

Buy this!

Pure, cycles. The monitor lady was rendered with freestlye (and I don’t like how she came out, but probably won’t have time to fix it), there was one cloth sim involved ;), and I did some very minor photoshopping.

blocked out idea:

clay:

I am a bit confused, why are so many submissions non-competing?

9 Likes

@Helge usually submits non-competing and @rigoletto as the winner of the last challenge and author of the theme is not allowed to partitipate competingly.
So nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Shirts

Open entry, not bad for a 1 day weekend entry. The only thing I modeled was the vending machine, everything else is previously made models. Most of them were taken from Trustworthy :: Institutional (franciscocharrua.com).

2 Likes

Hello!

open entry

I did a tutorial about nodes, WOW very powerful, I turned it around right away, but my nodes don’t look as clean as in the tutorial … and one day you can definitely pay at this machine, but not today

3 Likes

OK, I’m probably too ambitious again but I had an inspiration and actually found time to make a character for my vending machine.
grafik
still a way to go …

1 Like

I know japan is expensive, but 15000 yen for a vending machine burger is redicules. :smiley:

Where is @KickAir_8P and his Suzanne vending machine? :thinking:

Nice and detailed,
but that´s clearly an hentai image. I see an octopus and an panty. :smiley:

This is from the future. Burger is going back to the future.
REGRUB. :smiley:

pure entry, cycles 200.

didn’t denoise, kinda liked the look. fluent for the aid and hopefully google translate did okay here.

4 Likes

Yo dawg, I heard you like Japanese Vending Machines

jvm
(Pure, 12fps Cycles renders, MS-Gothic Font, mixed with Blender video editor, converted to WebP with ffmpeg)

…so you can vend while you’re vending.

As you can prob tell, most of the time did not go into modeling - it went into puzzling over the transition and still not getting it quite right. Apologies for the google-translated text… it’s supposed to say “Japanese Vending Machine”.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

“End of vending machine street.”

OPEN, I had busy weekend so I need to use some old models ( as usual :slight_smile: )… Composition made in GIMP

4 Likes

(pure, cycles, 256+denoising)
Crystals

as expected: much too much ambition. :woozy_face: so sadly without gnome.

4 Likes