Challenge #945 "Nature" (30/07/21) Entries CLOSED

Nice, did you model or simulate the tornado?

Neither! I made a volumetric shader with a nice helical cloudy pattern, then copied and scaled and rotated that a couple of times to make the shape of the tornado.

3 Likes

Ladybug in the rain - Open cycles 2000

8 Likes

Peony

Non-competing (pure). Everything made in Blender, only procedural textures.

One of the first things I wanted to try out with geometry nodes was to make flowers, since I quite complicated to make the petals using the particle system, and positioning each one of them individually sounded too painful to me.

I think geometry nodes gives me a nice balance between randomization and hand-made artistic decisions.

5 Likes

Here is my submission.

• Open (in theory it can be pure, only used Blender, and once GIMP for alpha cutting, but I submitted a version of this scene on a Discord server before. I reworked the foliage, added or removed trees, changed the lights, tweaked almost all textures over again, etc… but due to this, it is considered “open”).
  • Competing still, I guess :slight_smile:

The foliage and eagle have CC0 textures, while the rock surfaces, the ice mountain and the spear parts are textured procedurally. All modelling and sculpting made by me (for the cave I used CC0 rock brushes, for the trees, the Sapling Tree Addon). Yes, and I made the sloppy cave painting with texture paint :smiley:

3 Likes

And now, let’s let nature take its course: