Challenge #953 "Welcome to the concrete jungle!" (24/09/21) Entries CLOSED

No problem, here is my .blend file with no textures. I put on my google drive because I do not know if such large files can be posted on the forum.

Appreciate the thought mate :hearts:. You’d probably have to cut a version @ 2 to 3 million verts for my laptop to be able to open it. I don’t expect such considerations though. Probably a RAM thing.

1 Like

“Jungle out of Concrete”
Pure, Textures from Blenderkit.
I used Gimp to sharpen the Image in Post Process.
There is still no way to do that in compositing as far as I know.

13 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks, time constraints made me go for a quite literal interpretation. :wink:

I guess, you could use the filter node (set to ‘sharpen’). However, the number of settings is ‘rather limited’.

Just in case this image was posted here by accident: Do you want to participate in the challenge? If so, please state if this entry falls into the pure or open category. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Concrete Jungle

Pure - apart from 3D scanned people.

Hoping to add more to it this evening but sharing now in case I don’t get the chance.
[edit - tweaked the lighting a lot and added volumetrics]

10 Likes

Concrete Jungle

pure Eevee
comp in blender
brain in fisher price land

4 Likes

Cool, I like it very much :+1:

Concrete Yard
pure

Summary

I used this tire video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQC3_dJ7llI) by [THE LUWIZ ART] and the Snowy Field HDRI by Andreas Mischok.
My word association: Concrete : Prison/Industrial Buildings : Paved Rec Yard / Jungle : Jungle Gym : also leads to Rec Equipment (made the tire swing with a chain instead of rope)
I picked the snowy background to go with the grey of the image.

7 Likes

This decision will be hard! Welcome to the concrete voting:

1 Like

Since im really new to Blender and to this forum a quick question. I hope its ok to ask this here:

Is it allowed to use some assets from the Blenderkit Plugin for an entry to the contest? Does this affect the pure/open status?

Hi!
It depends on the number and importance of the blenderkit assets used in the entry. In general, they are considered, pre-made models. So, if they are an prominent/important part of the image, I’d consider the entry ‘open’.

Btw. The next round will start this week, on Thursday or Friday. You are more than welcome to join the challenge! :slight_smile:

Thanks, didn´t know that one.
Yes its pretty basic with one setting.