• Gabe_Fuchs
  • HazelQ
  • rigoletto
  • fcharr
  • 3dnotguru
  • derosaron1
  • Moreau3D

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jan 5, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

YoannCG: Mining drones on mars

niknah: welcomeToMars

Cosmo_Wander: Gold chest

Andreal: View from a cliff

AravindCG: Welcome home Marstronaut

Ali-Nasiri: final

TripleTree: A Trip to the Mars

Gabe_Fuchs: Base Camp

HazelQ: Canyon Settlement

Open Entries

rigoletto: Arriving spacenuts

(used a mars/space texture)

fcharr: The Space Station

(The space station itself was created from scratch. The luggage and the conveyors were taken from Airport :: Arrivals (franciscocharrua.com). The sun and stars were taken from On the Horizon :: Hot Surface (francisThecocharrua.com). The escalators were taken from Party Like it is 1999 :: A Night at the Tower (franciscocharrua.com), and modified, due to the top not being finished in the original project: A bit of a hack job.)

3dnotguru: mars2022

(It’s open because I have used the Oportunity model from NASA/JPL-Caltech to bury it with the sands of mars.)

derosaron1: Welcome to Mars

(This is an open entry, astronauts were made in makehuman, and the bikes from blender market.)

Moreau3D: Mining Mars

(Open Entry, mostly because I made the earth in the back a little while ago and not for this project.)

Non-competing Entries

OLG: Hellgate Opening

Helge: Maybe next Year

purbosky: Air Traffic

david.speer: The post card

mali_zweipunktnull: 4D holoprint of the first Mars base in 2022

5 Likes

Hard decision this time. So many good pictures :slight_smile:

It’s a great theme. Not sure we get there by 2022 though.
I actually didn’t completely get Helge’s at first, but I would come to something similar. It’s a good idea.
framfrm

2 Likes
                 **Out of Competition**

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 967 with votes from 42.9% of the voters is… Ali-Nasiri!
Here’s to all the great participators…

final

2 Likes

Thank you all.
my post in blender artist and see WIPs ( Welcome to Mars - Artwork / Finished Projects - Blender Artists Community)

1 Like

Usually there are between around 25 and 35 different voters per challenge. Now suddenly we have almost 60 here and most of them only voted once instead of two or three times. Looks like a lot of new one-time-active accounts surprisingly came to vote exactly once. Many of them certainly with the same IP number and brand new, I would advise. Disappointing that this even happens for a challenge that is all about fun :frowning:

Doesn’t an account have to have been around for a while to vote? A half of year or year?

Congrats! :cowboy_hat_face:

@flloyd I noticed. Actually, this happens from time to time. Usually it is caused by someone showing his/her entry on twitter/instagram/facebook/… Well, as long as it is an isolated incident, there isn’t much that can be done. If it happens repeatedly, I’ll ask Fweeb or bartv to take a closer look. Fortunately that hasn’t been necessary very often.

5 Likes

On the topic of Mars: Let’s stay with it for a little longer.

1 Like

@Ali-Nasiri, Congrats. Very nice render!

1 Like

thanks, I really appreciate it

your answer Challenge #968 “Aircraft on Mars” (07/01/22) Entries OPEN - Contests / Weekend Challenge - Blender Artists Community