Challenge #974 "Somewhat damaged, but …" (18/02/22) Entries CLOSED

Title: Better luck next time

pure

5 Likes

I also had some struggles with the smoke sim. For instance, whenever I changed properties, like, for example, the color, it would not show an effect in the viewport or render. After numerous tries, I found out that it would only accept property changes when done in the shading tab…
I don’t know if that’s the way it is meant to be :sweat_smile:
Anyway, the smoke and fire in your picture look pretty convincing, I’d say.

thanks, I know what you mean. Every time you change one setting, all the the others need changing too. It’s like a rubik’s cube, but janky.

1 Like

BA Fleamarket: A lot of broken stuff over here:

Take your pick!

1 Like

Every time you make some changes to gas properties, change the resolution divisions in settings too , it will reload simulation :wink:

1 Like

Yes :grin: Placing the flying knives, spoons, plates and glasses and imagining how they would twirl around when the ball hits the table was the most fun part of the scene :slight_smile: I was too lazy to animate / time the parts and I did without the “motion blur” effect on it. I had at least an hour of fun manually placing and rendering the parts differently over and over again. Which fortunately only takes about 20-40 seconds per render :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Back when I was still doing all this with PovRay many, many years ago (in pre-Blender times) this fun-part would have cost weeks of rendering time :grimacing:

4 Likes

Thank you, I hope I remember that when I do the next smoke simulation :smiley: