Challenge #988 "Screw man" (27/05/22) Entries CLOSED

Theme #988 for Friday 27th of May 2022 is:

Screw man

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, May 30, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: M Mini

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

Here is what i have in mind but as usual you are free to interpret and i am curious about the upcoming ideas.

Screw man
Lots of examples

4 Likes

Tool of the Trade

Pure entry, blender cycles. Nice and simple

note: The topic of this week’s challenge actually got my post banned in a few Facebook groups. The reason: Key Words.

4 Likes

Fcharr, I think I have a fig leaf texture that I can loan you.

4 Likes

Open. I modelled the bear and the stumps. The rest is done with A.N.T., scatter, and alpha trees. Also I ‘photoshopped’ out some floating gravel.

8 Likes

don’t Screw it up

pure

5 Likes

Just in case someone didn’t know: There is a wonderful add-on which is bundled with Blender and just has to be activated in the preferences called Bolt Factory:

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/addons/add_mesh/boltfactory.html

This might save you an hour or two. :wink:

4 Likes

Well I never had the opportunity to play a challenge but the theme of cork screw made me think of a model I had to make for an advertising project which didn’t make it in finale. So I did redo the concept of a cork screw in love with the bottle… Here it is made with 3.0 rendered in Cycles… Blend file available if requested…

12 Likes

hi,
here is my entries,

open, i reuse an old face sulpt.
cycles 300 samples.

11 Likes

Funny topic

A crazy theme. I’ll have to think if I can think about something … to do (for the challenge).
Besides something like M Mini, which is cute (and something I might do LOL).

1 Like

Screwed in 3d
No entry, cycles 1024, opendenoised, rendertime ~2min, all made in blender

Source

screw_homer5.blend (330.6 KB)

6 Likes

Title: Pinhead’s distant cousin

Pure. Cycles.

11 Likes

“Screwman”

non competing (pure), Cycles, Blender 3.1.2

13 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Challenge #988 "Screw man" (27/05/22) Entries OPEN:

Pure, angry screw man, blender 3.3

3 Likes

screw punk

10 Likes

Is this pure or open?

I’m new to the blender community. I don’t I don’t know what pure and open means in this context. Could you please explain that to me?

1 Like