Challenge #991 "The best of @Helge work redesigned" Entries CLOSED

I think my first challenge was " Encounter " which X-Warrior won, I believe. Couldn’t say the year.

Accident - Pure entry

2 Likes

And that confused me quite a bit when I (semi automatically) compiled a list of all past challenge themes. :slight_smile:

Here you go: #63 (2003)
That must have been a few years after the dinosaurs went extinct. Back in those dark days when I was still using Cinema 4D.

1 Like

The image links are extinct too. :frowning:

I guess, that is also true for most of the image hosting providers which were used around that time.

2 Likes

Here’s a sketch of my entry at the time…

2 Likes

There are some tricks that work with archive.org to get some of the old images back. If you remake the URLs with the old blenderartists domain and address format you might be able to get them. I was able to do it for some of the earliest ones, but not all.

2 Likes

Pure
Helge’s original entry: Diner for One
My entry: Diner for None

Note that on Helge’s image that the support bars connecting the wheel segements together are blocking the Ferris Wheel cars from swinging freely. This would lead to an interesting meal, so I made a follow up scene.

Something I found interesting about this theme is that it allowed you to get in the shoes of another artist and appreciate how much work they put into a scene.

8 Likes

“Elevator City”
Pure

Based on:

7 Likes

that’s 19 years, so this has been going on since 2003. That’s so cool

It also mean I learn nothing for so many years and still making bad looking images like a newbie :smile:

Nice catch! So nice to see that little construction issue turned into another fun entry! :slight_smile:

Other people who liked this thread also liked:

2 Likes