• Xeofrios
  • md2000
  • Millani
  • Trentle
  • 3dnotguru
  • rigoletto
  • TheUtahTeapot

0 voters

After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared: The voting will close on: Wed, Jul 20, 2022 11:00 PM.
The winner picks the theme for next week.

If the winner doesn’t supply a theme before Thursday 22:30 GMT, the organizer will select the theme. In this case, the winner’s theme will be used the next time we are lacking a theme on Thursday 22:30 GMT. :slight_smile:

Having selected the theme, the winner will not be eligible to enter that week. They may however still submit an image, but it won’t be included in the voting.

This week’s winner:

Pure Entries

Tohron: Excavating the Present

fcharr: Dinosaur Bones

Wayth: Yet Another Ancient Ritual / Burial Site…

deltaray: “Ancient” artifact

Xeofrios: Buried Altar

md2000: What we found in the grave… Ancient artifacts.

Millani: The Sarcophagus of Suzannkhamon

Trentle: Dormant Desert

Open Entries

3dnotguru: final proof

(OPEN because i have used Makehuman to make Giorgio body.)

rigoletto: Digital Archaeology

(all made in blender except the screen texture, the pics are screenshots/downloads from the net, i get rid of these disturbing displays and make a much more calm picture, need the high samples to get rid of the grungy background)

TheUtahTeapot: Volcano Roll

(Modeling in ZBrush. Texturing in Substance Painter. Final layout, look-dev, and rendering in Blender with Cycles.)

Non-competing Entries

TripleTree: Ancient Alien :alien:

Helge: Fossilized Planet

4 Likes

Ok so basically Xeofrios wins

2 Likes

Maybe. But looking at past contests, only about 1/4 of the votes are in. Perhaps all of the dinosaur lovers will come in and boost fcharr into first place?

3 Likes

Congrats Xeo on the win and on creating the perfect entry :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And… the winner of Weekend Challenge 995 with votes from 78.4% of the voters is… Xeofrios!
Here’s to all the great participators…

Buried Altar

7 Likes

Congrats Xeofrios!
Looking at your picture, one can almost feel the adventure :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

“Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!”

3 Likes

Thanks for the love everyone! Hope you enjoy the new prompt :wink:

2 Likes

Zulu google translation still wrong
That’s a lion they say Father!

language origin:

Wrong Info

Stupid google translation :smiley:
There’s a lion, they say, Father!

language origin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xhosa_people

2 Likes

Circle of Life lyrics are Zulu.

Some phrases translate into Xhosa so google translate sometimes gets it wrong :wink:

1 Like

What??? Are you language teacher or so? Who other knows something like that :slight_smile:

Zulu is the most popular language in South Africa and shares a lot of features with Xhosa:

Google translate struggles with conjunctive languages like most southern African languages - Also doesn’t help that my Zulu is very bad, so apologies if this take is way off:
The Zulu part of the lyrics seem pretty nonsensical - think they were chosen to sound good rather than make a lot of sense… Something along the lines of:
Here’s a lion, they say, hey old-man(honorific)?, say, yeah, a lion… we’ll be victorious(conquering?)… a lions and leopards, a lions and leopards etc.

Sorry for bad translation, but yeah, it’s Zulu… I recognized the quote as being Zulu before I got the Lion-King reference.

4 Likes

To be fair, this is true for many songs in English as well :slight_smile:

(it is always fun to learn new things in these challenges, even if they’re not Blender-related)

4 Likes