Challenge FAQ

Because what I posted there was clearly (I thought) relevant here, but if you’d rather:

I think you’ve stumbled into the local version of “Is Photography Art? ” TLDR / IANAL-TINLA: legally yes in most countries, ethically yes by general consensus – photos taken of what already exists, whether that’s an aspect of nature or manmade works, including artworks, can themselves be art because the photographer makes artistic choices on composition, lighting, etc that can make a photo more than just a visual copy of what already exists. By the same token, your renders of somebody else’s models are your art, not theirs (which doesn’t mean anybody should claim credit for modeling work they didn’t do, but that’s a different issue). Bringing this back to the [redacted] Challenge, the challenge is not about modeling! It’s . . .

Especially relevant here since what you’ve set up is (as ogbog notes above) essentially a remix challenge. That makes your “then I personally don’t think that makes a great entry” contrary to both the letter and the spirit of the challenge. If you feel that way, why did you set up a remix challenge? And why didn’t you make your “personal” feelings as one of the judges clear in the initial intent info?

Edited to add: fixed, thanks Bart!