Character: Witch - Update - Pg 14 - Sept. 29

Looking great. Her nipples look a little bit high and small. I’m loving this one. Keep it up.

That is sick! I love it. I look forward to seeing how you work color into this design.

Aaargh!

The mummy-like relief on bellyplate is scary :o

Very nice! It looks displacementmap more than a bumpmap!

Stefano

anogarlr: Thanks. Once I get her cape/cloak on, the breast may look a little more in proportion. If not, I can fix that later. Should not be a problem. I think they are OK as they are right now though.

shadowman99: LOL! Thanks man. As for colour, I’m not even 100% sure yet. I may take that sketch and play with some colour schemes in Photoshop and see what comes of it.

S68:Thanks. It is indeed a bump map with a little bit of the colour from the greyscale image added in there for some variation. I tried a displacement map and it didn’t look right at all.

BgDM

Nice Work BgDM…

It’s nice to see a high-quality model thread that now
resemble those earth-shaking threads at CG-Talk.

Nicely done, modelling is awesome.
Keep it up.

Thanks JoOngle. I actually have this running at CG Talk as well and I am very happy with the nice comments I am getting on her there. Never received more than maybe 4-5 comments on anything before. I’m now on to a second page there. :o

BgDM

Another Update:

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/bgdm/witch_009.jpg

I need to tweak the skirt placement some and some verts on the skirt to get it fitting and flowing better. But I think the basic shape is good.

Almost done with modelling now. Just the cape and the small detail stuff left.

BgDM

honestly i find the cloth on the lower half to be a bit confusing to look at. the thing on her belly mush must be quite high poly! looks cool.

Hey BgDM,

Awesome work dude i got busy and kinda forgot about this post since last week was midterms and all but awesome cloth dude i hope me and you can have like this little pm session on how you did that sometime.

B_K

Cool :slight_smile:

Skirt on the left (the one partially covered looks very good

The right part of the skirt, expecially the flap covering left part looks odd, like if it were some buldging thing exactly in the middle.

Furthermore bottom part cannot go that way, unless it is stretchable… I mean, the skirt arives to the ground almost without creases/overlaps, then stretches outward…

/me canot wait for update

Stefano

Modron: Yeah, as I said, the skirt still needs some more work. Very difficult to get cloth down and looking correct. The belly plate is actually a texture. I tried a displacement map, but not with much success. Also tried the noise finction with similar results.

Big_Kahuna: Thanks man. The basics for the cloth are pretty easy and then it’s just a matter of a fractal subdivide and then lots of vert pushing and scaling using the PET tool.

S68: Thanks. Agreed about your comments on the skirt. Lots more work to do yet though.

BgDM

Very, very good, BgDM! Reminds me of the Spirited Away aesthetics.
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/sen/sen_poster_front.jpg http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/sen/kaonashi.jpg

sweet!

Very nice BgDm

Skirt update:

http://gallery.mudpuddle.co.nz/albums/bgdm/witch_010.jpg

I think I have it looking the way it should now. Anything look odd to you all?

Rangel: Nic change, eh? :stuck_out_tongue: Glad you kept your avatar, or I wouldn’t know who you are. :wink: Thanks for the comment.

@ner: Sour! :stuck_out_tongue:

mr_bomb: Thanks man.

BgDM

Looking great. The cloth looks a little odd, it doesn’t appear to be hanging, but rather floating. But, since she is a witch, perhaps she could have a freaky skirt that splayed in all directions. Anyhow. Looks great.

It looks fantastic, though REALLY weird ! :stuck_out_tongue: Or rather, wyrd…
The cloth looks cloth-like, but I think it’s folded too much. Cloth usually sags and lot which smooths out the smaller folds. The bulge on the right looks strange.
How does she see out of the mask ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Much better :slight_smile:

Maybe just some more tweaking at bottom, on the very right and left… still looks a bit too ‘flat’

Stefano

Thanks guys. I think you are all correct. Some more vert tweaking on the skirt is needed.

BgDM

what about making it sort of float like a light breeze was taking it. it might look kind of mystical.